Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with camera on Galaxy A21s

(Topic created on: 03-11-2021 10:17 AM)
DonRetired
Explorer
Options

I have a A21s (not a S21).  I am having trouble talking pictures when I turn the phone to the Landscape position.  Everything works perfectly when I keep the phone in Portrait position (up and down).  But in the Landscape position, 8 times out of 10, when I tap the phone to take the photo either nothing happens or it jumps to Wide Angle lens - but even then it does not take the picture.  Now, 2 times out of 10, it works perfectly, but it is just random or I am doing something I don't know I am doing.  It is frustrating.  Anyone got any suggestions?  How do you make the camera behave in the Landscape position?  

27 REPLIES 27
DonRetired
Explorer
Options
Sorry - predictive text may have taken over. This was intended for you. Sad you have not had any progress. Post if you do.
0 Likes
dixharp
Explorer
Options
Haha! Well today I discovered a workaround. If you go into camera settings (open camera and click on gearwheel), then click on "shooting methods" there is an option to change the volume control buttons to take a picture, i.e. use them as shutter buttons. This does not alter their function as volume buttons in normal non-camera use. Seems to work OK. I've put my full-wallet case back on and I'll see how it goes.
0 Likes
DonRetired
Explorer
Options
Great. I may give that a try. But getting on OK with careful holding of the camera.
dixharp
Explorer
Options

I just had another chat with technical support.  They said they'd emailed me some troubleshooting tips, so I closed down the chat and went to look and all it was was instructions as to how to clear the camera app's cache, which I've done before. What I really want is for them to acknowledge a problem exists and Samsung needs to address it! I was hoping by now they might have built up a backlog of similar cases, but it seems not. Hey ho...

0 Likes
dixharp
Explorer
Options
Just had an update from Samsung, which took a while to install. I was hoping it would have fixed the camera, but it hasn't.
0 Likes
DonRetired
Explorer
Options
Sorry to hear this continues to be a problem. 90% of the time my camera behaves.
dixharp
Explorer
Options
I've just discovered that if I switch to safe mode the camera works fine - the zoom buttons are responsive and the shutter always fires. This is only today so far though! Will try it a few times in the coming days.
This suggests a third-party app is fouling the camera. But how to find out which one ???
0 Likes
DonRetired
Explorer
Options
By accident, today I discovered that when I zoom into something, I have to wait 5 seconds for the camera to register the charge. Always wondered why the camera would not take a picture straight away. Now I know. A bit of patience is required while the camera adjusts.
0 Likes