Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchscreen not working

(Topic created on: 09-06-2023 11:20 PM)
Members_V5j0VIQ
Apprentice
Options

My son has a Samsung A12.  About a month ago the touchscreen just stopped working.  The phone works completely in all other respects (he can plug a mouse into the USB-C port and control it, but travelling with a mouse is a pain in the neck).  We have tried - force reboot, reboot, let it run out of battery-recharge-poweron, and nothing has worked.

Next step would be factory reset, but it would be nice to backup the phone first, however connecting it to a laptop to copy pictures etc off doesn't work, because then I have to click "Allow PC" on the phone, and for that I need the mouse, and I can't have the mouse and the computer connected at the same time.

What could possibly cause this?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

At this stage it wouldn't be clear if the issue was software or hardware based @Members_V5j0VIQ 

A factory reset may or may not help.

A Samsung Service Centre will be able to assess the phone.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/ 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

HappyPotato21
Journeyman
Options
Maybe just take it to a shop, there could be some problems, maybe the screen isn't properly connected to the lights inside? There are lots of different reasons. Don't try prising it open at home and take care!
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Members_V5j0VIQ: If the touchscreen on your sons Galaxy A12 is completely unresponsive to touch, and you would like to backup the device before performing a factory data reset, then you can do so via your Samsung and Google accounts. With this in mind, connect the mouse you have been using to navigate the device, then head to Settings > Accounts and backup > Samsung Cloud > Back up data > Toggle all categories you want to back up > Back up now. Following this step, tap the Back button, select Google Drive, and follow the on-screen instructions. 

Once you're happy that the data has been successfully backed up, head to Settings > General management > Reset > Factory data reset > Reset > Delete all. If the issue persists following the reset, then please head samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Contact us, and get in touch via your preferred contact method, and an advisor will be able to assist you further. 

0 Likes
Awy
Journeyman
Options
Is the screen damaged by any chance?
0 Likes