Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage space

(Topic created on: 05-12-2023 05:06 PM)
Members_YI7W7sJ
First Poster
Options

I have a 32Gb A21 with a 15Gb SD card. but am running out of storage space.   I have transferred as much as possible from the device to the SD card and regularly delete 'cached' info.  But of the 32Gb, 9,48Gb is  taken up by 'system' and 21.88 Gb by 'other'.  This latter appears to be lots of apps that won't move across to the SD card (things like the Samsung and Google pre-installed apps - Google Play services takes up 1.08Gb!! - plus stuff like banking apps can't be moved over).  I have, of course, got rid of apps that I don't use

Is there anything I can do other than give in and by a 64b Gb device?

4 REPLIES 4
craíg
Explorer
Options
16GB SD card is definitely not enough in this day and age, for instance, I have 256GB on board memory and also 256GB SD card, which works for me. If 16GB SD card is not enough, then maybe try 64GB memory card. They are pretty cheap these days and should be enough.
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you considered signing up for Google 1? £16 a year and you can store up to 100gb in the cloud. You also get more editing functions in Google Photos and a VPN within that.

Well worth it. 👌
S24 Ultra
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I echo what @Piper123 said about getting Google One storage. It's just makes life a lot easier. Don't have to worry about loosing your photos and stuff. Also on w backed up it gives the opportunity to delete photos off your phone freeing up space .
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
lance78
Helping Hand
Options
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobile_infographics_tools.mydrive
I use this app to get rid of the files in (other Storage) 1701806637486.jpg
0 Likes