Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some apps vibrate even if phone is in "sound" mode

(Topic created on: 24-06-2022 12:03 AM)
Lars-Erik
Explorer
Options

When my A33 phone is in "sound" mode it only rings when receiving a call (no vibration).
BUT when I receive an SMS or any other notification it still vibrates even if in "sound" mode. Why?
When I have my phone in "sound" mode it don't want any vibration.
Even Samsungs own "message" app does this and vibrates even when in "sound" mode.

My old Samsung S5 did this right. Only sound in "sound" mode, and only vibration in "vibrate" mode.

4 REPLIES 4
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
go to setting then click on sound and vibration, scoll down you then see notifications vibration pattern click on it, on top of the screen you then see silence click on it.
hope that help
Lars-Erik
Explorer
Options

But then I never get vibration when I get messages/alerts at all.
I want only sound when "sound" mode is selectet, only "vibration" when that is selected, and nothing when "silent" is selectet (icon is dimmed).
Why don't the app follow the main setting ("sound" -> "vibration" -> "all silent")?
The incoming call does (it only vibrates when "vibration" mode is selected).

TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
ah I know what you meant now, so pulling down the quick panel, if you click on sound,vibrate or mute that only work when incoming only but not work with the notifications, yes I remember that used to work with the incoming calls and notifications together. but now it won't. I guess you have to go to the setting to do what I had mentioned earlier to mute the vibration for notifications then. is abit of a pain actually.
0 Likes
Lars-Erik
Explorer
Options

That's kind of stupid from Google and/or Samsung. Things should talk together 😞