Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

sms verification codes too fast

(Topic created on: 08-05-2022 04:20 PM)
Members_TLmz8rt
First Poster
Options

I have just got a new and my first Samsung phone.  When an sms verification code is sent to my phone it comes up for a few seconds but disappears before I have a chance to enter it.  This is really annoying and i've tried everything under settings but cannot find a solution.  I would like the notification to stay up until I decide to get rid of it.

Can anybody help me find a solution please

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Just go to the messages app.
0 Likes
MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
Doesn't it come up on your keyboard as something you can paste when you receive it. Mine does.
0 Likes
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
Just pull the screen down from the top and you should see the message there. As this doesn't fill the whole screen you can look at it whilst typing in the code.
0 Likes
Members_TLmz8rt
First Poster
Options

yes, i can pull the screen down but it disappears after a few seconds before I've had a chance to type in the code.  And yes, I've tried to paste it, but that doesn't work.  Never had this problem with my previous mobile.  Twice now I've had to get a verification code resent, because I'm not quick enough.

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Members_TLmz8rt: As the verification code is being sent as an SMS message, you should be able to open the Messages app on your device and retrieve it from there. Pop up notifications will only remain on screen for a few seconds, but the message itself will remain in your Messages inbox unless you manually delete it. 

Members_TLmz8rt
First Poster
Options

well, on my cheap motorola the sms message verifications on the screen pull down stayed put until I deleted them.  

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Android 12 in general is big on privacy. So if its a verification sms you don't want prying eyes to see it anyway.
0 Likes
Members_TLmz8rt
First Poster
Options

OK, well thank you for all your comments

0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
Well you might not be aware of it with it being your first Samsung but in a similar situation I would have their copy and paste from message to verification app or whatever it was you need to put code in I have a couple of screenshots as an example of open app in pop up solution
0 Likes