Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM-A226B/DSN in USS

(Topic created on: 02-05-2023 08:51 AM)
ZogZog
First Poster
Options
I am going to the USA West Coast. I will buy a sim card when I get there. Will my Samsung SM-A226B-DSN (A22) work on a USA network. Many thanks 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@ZogZog: In order to unlock your Galaxy A22 for use with network SIMs in another region, you will be required to make a 5-10 minute cumulative call to a local number in your current location, using a local network SIM. If this is your day-to-day phone then you should be fine, as this would happen naturally, but I'd recommend following the steps above just to be on the safe side. 

I should add that, as the Galaxy A22 is not a dual-SIM model, you may also need to request an unlock code from your current network. For further clarity, please reach out to your network provider directly.

0 Likes
ZogZog
First Poster
Options
Hi Andrew. Many thanks for the reply. My Galaxy smartphone is a dual sim. I am in the UK. When I get to the USA can I just buy a sim card and use it without problems
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It will only work on 4G but not all bands are supported. This should help https://www.frequencycheck.com/compatibility/vrYbCQr/samsung-sm-a226b-dsn-galaxy-a22-5g-2021-global-...
0 Likes
ZogZog
First Poster
Options
Hi Puggs
Many thanks for the information
0 Likes