Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues after recent software update from 10 to 11

(Topic created on: 02-05-2023 10:58 AM)
Sam20231
First Poster
Options

I updated my Galaxy A50 overnight 2 days ago. It now constantly turns off and on again, the longest it'll stay on for is 2 minutes. I have tried cache partition, removing the SIM card and safe mode but nothing works. Having spoken to Samsung their only help was to run cache partition or take it to an engineer, which will no doubt wipe all my photos, which I'm trying to avoid.  The phone won't stay on long enough for me to do a back-up.

I have spent hours trying to fix this and getting very frustrated.  Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Sam20231
First Poster
Options

A soft restart and putting it into Safe Mode stopped the cycle but now I only get a short window of opportunity to do anything with the phone before it turns off again.

The issue is that I didn't have enough storage before updating my phone and I didn't back it up before. So now I'm trying to remove items using space and hopefully can backup another way.

Does anyone know if it'll start working again if I remove enough storage from the phone?

0 Likes
Sam20231
First Poster
Options

Is Fonedog safe to use to back-up? My phone isn't on long enough for me to extract through Smart Switch.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Sam20231: I'm unable to verify Fonedog as a backup option, as it is a third party app, however you may wish to check the user reviews in the app store to get an idea of it's pros and cons. 

If you're struggling to back up your Galaxy A50 due to intermittent power issues, then I recommend signing in to Find My Mobile on a home computer, where you can perform a remote backup to Samsung Cloud. To find out more, please follow the link below and click the drop down arrow to the right of 'Backing up my device'. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-is-find-my-mobile-and-how-can-i-use-it-to-loc...

This won't backup your photos and videos, however you can also sign in to Google Photos on a home computer, to see if an automatic archive has been backed up here. 

https://www.google.com/photos/about/

In both instances you will need to sign in using the Samsung and Google accounts that are registered to the phone itself. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes