Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shutter noise

(Topic created on: 03-06-2022 07:52 AM)
Goldie
Journeyman
Options
How do I turn off the shutter noise when taking a photo with my phone. I have tried to find the option in settings. I have found it there before and have turned it off but it seems to not be there now? 
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Which settings have you checked? In the Camera app itself or the phone sound settings? On my phone it's in the Camera app but it's a Nokia so slightly different. I cannot find it on my Tab A7 though
0 Likes
Goldie
Journeyman
Options
Hi, Ithank you for your reply. tried whilst using camera. I will re check on sounds in settings. Seems everything they do an update they either change, add or take away my settings.
0 Likes
Goldie
Journeyman
Options
Thank you. I have just gone through all settings and your right. No option to stop shutter sound.😒
0 Likes
Boska
Student
Options
If you set your phone to vibrate, it should mute the shutter sound. If that doesn't work then I believe it depends on your region. Some laws require the sound
KevP79
Voyager
Options
It's missing on my s21 fe although reviewers have the option on the YouTube reviews I've seen, along with the ability to record phone calls which is going to be a major headache when Google restrict third party recorders
Goldie
Journeyman
Options
Thank you. I was wondering that. I am in England. I guess it is good that it would alert people that photos are being taken, especially illegally.
Ray42
Voyager
Options
On my A22 5G I've set system sounds to zero and I don't get a shutter sound. (UK)
It's under Volume on the Sounds menu.
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Yes well, there is that aspect. Some right sickos around on public transport
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
It got removed fairly recently by the looks of it