Go to solution Solved

SD Card unmounting A53 5G

(Topic created on: 29-11-2022 08:45 PM)
MathVDS
Journeyman
Options

I recently got myself a Samsung A53 5G.
But I am encountering the problem that the SD cards keeps losing "connection"
I used my Samsung Evo SD card that I got a few years back for my previous phone. (Galaxy A5) during a Samsung action.
The SD card works fine in my old phone. But in the A53 it keeps unmounting itself after a while.
(It is also not visible anymore in the storage settings).
The only option seems to be to restart the phone after which the SD card is available again.

The interval ratio seems to be rather random. (1-2days) and I can't seem to find a 'trigger'

I also did an unmount - mount cycle after a reboot and this runs normally but after a day, same problem.

I double checked that the SD card was fitted correctly (removed it and refitted it to be sure). But this didn't change a thing.

There seems to be more posts about this problem but there never seems to be a solution. From what I can see the Samsung SD card is just buggy af with a Samsung phone?

14 REPLIES 14
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@MathVDS hello, if the SD card is very old, it may start to give errors.
Did you try another SD card?
Save a copy of the contents of the SD and format it with your new device. Access My files / SD card / the three dots-Format. The problem persists?
Greeting.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
Slothtamerv2
Navigator
Options
Does the a53 support micro sd I thought I didn't
0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
It maybe worth trying another SD card in the A53 to see if is the device or the SD card that is the issue. I use a 64Gb Samsung Evo SD in my A53 with no issues.
0 Likes
MathVDS
Journeyman
Options

Yes,
It has a duo sim slot where you can use 1 for a MicroSD (max up to 1TB) (as stated on the samsung produc site too). I think it's only the main branch that doesn't have a micro slot anymore.

0 Likes
MathVDS
Journeyman
Options

@Ventor  I did try reformatting it through the phone, but no changes there.
I didn't try using a different sd card because I don't have a spare one and thus i'll need to buy a new one.
But considering my current sd card is one from samsung itself and considering it works perfect in my A5. I wan't to make sure there isn't an other problem (or incompatibility ) for specific sd cards. Especially since this problem seems to happen a lot when you search online. But the posts usually just die out without a solution ^^".
So I guess the only option is to try another card at this point.
Greetings.

0 Likes
MathVDS
Journeyman
Options

@Badger42. You seem to be using the same one I have I think? (Samsung Evo plus 64Gb).
. So it should be working ... It is also working without a problem in my old phone the A5.
I did get the SD card with my old phone 5years ago, so it might be that it is still an other class. Is yours the white/red one or completely white?

0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
Mine is the white 64Gb Evo plus version.20221124_171133_1000000989_1669310251.jpg
0 Likes
MathVDS
Journeyman
Options

I tried with a friends which is the evo plus with the red color which gives the same problem. 
I tried it with a white version now I bought and this one seems to be working fine so far (3days and counting) so so far it seems the white one works, the red one doesn't for some reason ... so maybe it is just incompatible with certain versions?

0 Likes
Solution
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
Maybe it only likes the later versions. The white is the 2021 version and I think the red is the 2020 version.
0 Likes