Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Saver reverts to the default "Colours" screen saver after dismissing an alarm

(Topic created on: 29-04-2022 03:54 PM)
JimAvery
Apprentice
Options

I installed a screen saver app to display a big clock on my new Galaxy A22 5g when it is charging, so I can see what the time is easily at night.  The screen saver works fine, displaying all night while my phone is plugged in to the charger.  However, after I dismiss my wake-up alarm, the next time the phone goes to the lock screen, the screen saver that kicks in is the default "Colours" one.  It seems the only way I can get my chosen screen saver back again is to go back into settings and select it again, whereupon it's fine until 6:30am the next morning when my alarm goes off.  It seems this might be something introduced recently, as someone over on the US Samsung community has found seemingly the same problem as described here.  I've tested with a different screen saver (the Google Photos one) and it does the same thing - reverts to Colours screen saver when the alarm goes off.  I guess, then, it's a bug.  Is this the right place to report it as such?

14 REPLIES 14
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@JimAvery Hello, try the Good Lock app and its Lock Star module in particular. It may help.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
JimAvery
Apprentice
Options

Thanks really appreciate the help and it sounds good, but assuming you mean "Samsung Good Lock" app, then it seems it's not in either the Samsung or Google Play stores for me.  I guess Samsung deem my humble A22 5g unworthy of it?  I'll keep an eye out in case that situation changes.

JimAvery
Apprentice
Options
I found a workaround which is to use the Google clock app to set my alarm. It's not a great workaround as it's then quite fiddly to stop the alarm, but that will no doubt help to wake me up!
0 Likes
Twintastic
First Poster
Options

Having the exact same problem on my A32 5G.  Started about the same time yours did

Members_aFa5BGT
First Poster
Options

Exact same here on an S20 FE 5G

Tuke66
First Poster
Options

Same here on the S21 5G, it worked fine on my S10 for years, and it worked fine on my S21 for the last 6 months that I have had it. Although a few days ago I started having this issue as well. I should not have to add an app to fix what previously worked fine.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Tuke66: Which Screen Saver option do you have selected when the issue occurs? Is it a stock option, or a third party download? 

0 Likes
Beiwyr
First Poster
Options

The OP sounds like third party. I'm here in America and use stock option (picture frame) does the same for me on stock option as does for them on third party. Every day regrets back to colors instead of staying on (what I call) my slideshow

0 Likes
Beiwyr
First Poster
Options

Reverts*

0 Likes