Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Messaging App glitch.

(Topic created on: 17-10-2021 02:16 PM)
AliceSivyer
Explorer
Options

Ever since updating to the latest version on my Galaxy A70, I've experienced a glitch when using the keyboard on certain apps, such as Whatsapp, Tumblr or Facebook Messaging. When typing, I would experiance a glitcH. The keyboard would disappear and then reappear. I then clicked on the left hand button which brings up any apps in use in the background, and the Samsung Messaging app would be running. But look incomplete. So, when I click on it, it doesnt get me into the app, and just throws me out. I then go onto my own personal home page, click the messaging app and I can get into it. 

I have restarted my phone. Begun it on safe mode and force stopped the messaging app. I was advised to do a complete reset, but I am afraid of loosing a lot of stuff.

For some reason, the messaging app and the keyboard is connected, causing the glitches to my mobile. And this is with the update version: A705FNXXU5DUI1/A705FNOXM5DUI1/A705FNXXU5DUI1245319171_394938238794627_2002796164494221674_n.jpg

17 REPLIES 17
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@AliceSivyer Hi, didn't you mention which keyboard you use? 1. Try using the alternative keyboard on your device and see if the problem persists?
2. If the problem is solved by changing the keyboard, delete cache and data from the "faulty" keyboard.
2. If the problem persists, go to Applications and click on the marked area. A new screen will open, activate the option Show system apps and accept. Search for the system UI app. In Storage, clear the cache.
.Recheck

apps sistema ingles.jpeg

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
AliceSivyer
Explorer
Options

Hello. I just use the standard keyboard. Which alternative keyboard?

Screenshot_20211012-142555_Samsung Keyboard.jpg

0 Likes
AliceSivyer
Explorer
Options

@Ventor

It appears it doesn't happen just when using keyboard. When I'm using a third party app, the app kinda flashes at me, I then check my background apps and there is the messaging app. 

0 Likes
zara01
Journeyman
Options
Me too. I have a s10plus. Since an update the Messages app keeps opening by itself. And have issues with the keyboard. Both are Samsung apps.
0 Likes
AliceSivyer
Explorer
Options

Yes! I've come to realise that now. Any app I use it glitches out. 

0 Likes
AliceSivyer
Explorer
Options

It's incredibly annoying. When either typing a message and it glitches and I loose message. Just in fact typing this reply it glitches out. The only thing Samsung said to do was a hard reset. Which means loosing everything. 

0 Likes
zara01
Journeyman
Options
I haven't tried it but it might be better than a hard reset... what about leaving the messages app open in the background?
0 Likes
zara01
Journeyman
Options
I don't think a reset will help
0 Likes
AliceSivyer
Explorer
Options

Sadly. Even when leaving the messaging app running in the background it still glitches. Hopefully Samsung will fix it soon. Its a bugger when typing a lengthy message and it disappears. 

0 Likes