Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 battery bug

(Topic created on: 17-01-2020 08:52 PM)
ArturasM
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I have issue with my battery on Samsung Galaxy A5 2017. Recently my battery started to show incorrect percetage of battery after full charging. Percentage shows 100% full charge even after watching a lot of YouTube videos in Full HD mode and playing some games, but after some time it drops percent by percent to normal (I guess??) to around 60% battery charge in about 1 hour (or less maybe, haven't measured time). From around 60% to 0% battery percentage acts normally.

I tried discharging battery and then charge it to full, tried wipe cache data, and even factory reset (through reboot recovery). Nothing helped.

Is there any solution to this problem? And what can the code (which is widely spread on the Internet) for battery service can cause if I click „Quick Start“?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

Try the safe mode. Different there ? Then find out which third party app is responsible.

Same in safe mode ? Is the total capacity of the battery still normal ? If not, relace the battery.

Otherwise ignore.

0 Likes
ArturasM
First Poster
Options

Tried in safe mode, same there. I think total capacity of the battery is normal, and I think I don't know how to check it properly. There are lots of different apps for battery levels etc., or maybe there is a different way to check the capacity of the battery?

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

There's an interactive hardware check available in the Samsung Members App.

0 Likes