Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy A40 shuts completely off randomly

(Topic created on: 07-04-2021 03:05 PM)
SamF1
First Poster
Options

Hello

I have owned this Samsung Galaxy A40 phone now for a year and this last week it has one time completely frozen and now it keeps on turning itself completely off, even if it is charging. Does someone know what to do?

Regards Sam

15 REPLIES 15
Aggelos41
First Poster
Options

Same problem here there must be the last update cause the hardware works fine samsung must take action 

0 Likes
mluha
First Poster
Options

The problem with my phone was solved by replacing the  battery. As I explained above: I might have  had a different problem all along. Still it might help to just unplug the battery for 30 minutes or to replace it (new ones cost around 15 € - it is not that difficult to replace).

0 Likes
DaDaFu
First Poster
Options

Same problem on mine, shutting down randomly and hard to restart, sometimes doesn't start with the charger connected, I wait a few minutes and it works again, so annoying, my battery seems fine, it doesn't go  out fast. And % are okay. .

0 Likes
mluha
First Poster
Options

The issues with my phone were fixed after replacing the charging connector inside the phone: https://www.mytrendyphone.eu/shop/samsung-galaxy-a40-charging-connector-flex-cable-248127p.html
(This is the first link that came up with search: do not know if it is a good place to buy one. I bought mine via eBay).
It is something possible to do your self, but there is a danger of breaking the phone electronics in the opening process.

Replacement batteries are sold together with the DIY "phone opening kits": it would make sense to replace the battery also once the phone is open.

0 Likes
DaDaFu
First Poster
Options

Thank you I'm going to try this

0 Likes
DaDaFu
First Poster
Options

Still the same problem with the new charging connector, direct shutting down randomly, hard to restart (need to wait a few minutes or it doesn't light on at all) and sometimes stop charging at about 80% (writted "charging" but % are not going up) and I need to reconnect the usb cable to continue chargiing. i'll try to replace the battery in a few days..

0 Likes