Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Galaxy A33 does not propose update to Android 13

(Topic created on: 03-04-2023 01:04 AM)
Duplicial
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

my phone (Samsung Galaxy A33) does not offer me an update to Android 13.

Even if I try to do it manually, nothing happens. I searched a bit on the internet and I did not find anything conclusive.

Apparently my CSC is EUX/-/EUX/PLS and I am wondering if this is problematic. I have bought this phone in France (and I live now in Canada). What is strange is that my girlfriend has the same model but with an EUX/-/EUX/EUX CSC and the upgrade to Android 13 was offered to her some weeks ago.

Can you please help me to solve this problem?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You could try Samsung Smartswitch @Duplicial to update.

However your reliant on the region of origin the phone was released in to push out the update.

Imported phone's can take a little longer sometimes to receive a software update.

Updates are sent out in waves dependent on region,  phone model and build and serial number.

Your girlfriend has a phone that has the European Standard EUX CsC which typically does receive updates faster than a phone like yours with a specific region's CsC.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Duplicial
Journeyman
Options

@BandOfBrothersThank you for your answer!

Can you please describe the steps, by using Samsung Smartswitch, to update my phone to Android 13?

0 Likes
Duplicial
Journeyman
Options

Also, is it possible to change the CSC on Samsung Galaxy A33 to have EUX/-/EUX/EUX?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Duplicial: To begin with, please follow the link below, and click on 'How Do I Get Smart Switch On My PC or Mac' to download the relevant version

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/

Once installed, open Smart Switch, connect your A33 using the USB cable that came packaged with the device, and look for an update prompt on the landing page, next to your device details.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Duplicial 

I personally wouldn't recommend changing the csc.

however to learn more of the process look to sites such as xdadevelopers.com and sammobile.com

Disclaimer > This is performed entirely at your own risk and informed decision.

Duplicial
Journeyman
Options

@BandOfBrothers @AndrewL Thank you very much. By using Samsung Smart Switch, the update to Android 13 could be performed!

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's fantastic news @Duplicial 

I'm glad we could help 👍

AndreyRlz
Pathfinder
Options

Hello, I also have Samsung A33 5G and it does not update, I checked in settings says up to date Last security update December 2021.... I checked and I have EUX/-/EUX în software version. I tried with smart switch on pc connected to smart switch on Samsung via cable, it doesn't say anything about any update. Any suggestions? 

0 Likes
Duplicial
Journeyman
Options

Message deleted.

0 Likes