Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A72 problem with microphone in loudspeaker mode

(Topic created on: 25-09-2021 06:40 PM)
Makis6
Explorer
Options

I bought a new phone for my wife however we are experiencing a big problem.

I bought the Samsung A72 on the 18th of Sep 2021 in Switzerland, Geneva.

The problem: Every time we do a video call either via messenger app or Viber app, the other people do not hear us well. The sound has some "gaps". This only happens when the microphone is used in loudspeaker mode e.g. when doing a video call using messenger app but does not happen when we speak on a regular cell call.

I read online other people have the same issue. Is this a known issue?

We have tried to re-install the apps and to reboot but no luck.

EDIT Sep 30, 2021:

Some news: I have noticed that the "problem" appears only when I am not 100% steady. E.g. if I walk slowly the problem appears. If I sit and place the phone in front of me in a fixed position the sound quality is fine on the other end. Because you will ask, I do not put my hand or fingers on the microphone while walking. The microphones are 100% not blocked by any means.

I really think this has to do with either the software of the noise cancellation or the microphone switching. The phone "thinks" that my voice (when in distance, 20-30cm) is a background voice and it cancels it. This is my opinion.

28 REPLIES 28
rcr1
Apprentice
Options

Did we recieve any fix from samsung on this issue?

Makis6
Explorer
Options

nothing new. the problem is still there even after updating my phone. I emailed them and they said they are aware. Maybe all of us need to email them to show that this needs a fix ASAP

rcr1
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for a quick reply. I also feel that we need to highlight our problem with highest priority

Kelon Harry
Student
Options

Sounds like a plan, can you send me the email please?

rcr1
Apprentice
Options

I am not finding any support email id, only way is either calling them or contact using live chat.. Can anybody share the email address if you already have the support email id 

Makis6
Explorer
Options

Ok so people having the same problem please send a message using the online form and let’s wish that Samsung listen us 

https://samsung-webform.sprinklr.com/?token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiJ9.eyJmb3JtSWQiOiI2MDI1NWNjZWM0MGZkZDd...

0 Likes
Afnan
Apprentice
Options

That's really tribble!!!! I am facing the same issues!!! since I am using this handset the very next day! 
On another another handset I am using the same wifi or data connection it's fine.... but On Samsung A72 had a very tribble microphone had a lot of problems. please please fix this issues as soon as possible..
From Pakistan 

0 Likes
Afnan
Apprentice
Options

did you fix this issues?

0 Likes
Afnan
Apprentice
Options

Kindly sir as a humble user i am requesting you and asking you when you will fix this issue? please tell us :(( 

0 Likes