Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A72 problem with microphone in loudspeaker mode

(Topic created on: 18-03-2022 10:35 AM)
Makis6
Explorer
Options

I bought a new phone for my wife however we are experiencing a big problem.

I bought the Samsung A72 on the 18th of Sep 2021 in Switzerland, Geneva.

The problem: Every time we do a video call either via messenger app or Viber app, the other people do not hear us well. The sound has some "gaps". This only happens when the microphone is used in loudspeaker mode e.g. when doing a video call using messenger app but does not happen when we speak on a regular cell call.

I read online other people have the same issue. Is this a known issue?

We have tried to re-install the apps and to reboot but no luck.

EDIT Sep 30, 2021:

Some news: I have noticed that the "problem" appears only when I am not 100% steady. E.g. if I walk slowly the problem appears. If I sit and place the phone in front of me in a fixed position the sound quality is fine on the other end. Because you will ask, I do not put my hand or fingers on the microphone while walking. The microphones are 100% not blocked by any means.

I really think this has to do with either the software of the noise cancellation or the microphone switching. The phone "thinks" that my voice (when in distance, 20-30cm) is a background voice and it cancels it. This is my opinion.

28 REPLIES 28
Makis6
Explorer
Options

Unfortunately, up to date I have not found a solution 

0 Likes
Makis6
Explorer
Options

Unfortunately no. I am waiting for a Samsung software update that could resolve this 

0 Likes
mjcardoso
Student
Options

Hi!

I have the exact same problem with an A72 bought in Portugal in October. 😞

It seems that using WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger is worse than in a regular call, but still the other people complain a lot - every single one!

Good luck for all of us!

mjcardoso
Student
Options

Right away!

0 Likes
6Raneem6
First Poster
Options

Hello, 

Has your microphone been fixed? Mine still has problems and it hasn't been fixed yet:(

0 Likes
Makis6
Explorer
Options

Hi. No. Still waiting for Samsung to release an update that fixes this issue....

0 Likes
Dave831
Helping Hand
Options

The issue is this (also listen the video)? https://dday.it/redazione/38694/galaxy-s21-e-gli-altri-top-di-gamma-samsung-hanno-un-problema-sul-vi...

I have this issue on my S21 Ultra, it has never been fixed by Samsung, and I know that many other Samsung models suffer from this defect as well

0 Likes
Vicente Raul
Student
Options

Hello, 

I think that my phone A72 bought in Geneve started to work good after the last software update, is it your case too?

Regards!

0 Likes
Donato758
Pioneer
Options

Hi, you refer to android 12 and UI 4 update?

Or another update?

0 Likes