Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung a54 5g broken after update

(Topic created on: 24-07-2023 08:59 AM)
Pepijn83
Apprentice
Options

Hello, my Samsung a54 5g broken after update. The phone keeps booting with black one ui screen with yellow bang and the message "Error". Any fix for this?

15 REPLIES 15
Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
Yeah, legal action! Another phone broken after an update! Samsungs update team really should be sacked, its unacceptable for 2023 and on devices costing big bucks!
AaronAJ
Options

Our phone updates are designed to help improve the performance and security of the phone, @Scoobs222 .

@Pepijn83 I am sorry to hear about your A54. Getting your device rooted is a customisation on your device. Someone would have to alter the software on your device. If you aren't aware of any changes to the software on your device, this may mean that your device isn't rooted. Has your device been rooted?

Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
Yes obviously that's the point of the update but then why are they ruining phones? Its not just isolated cases is it..
Pepijn83
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

The device is not rooted as this is not allowed at work.

It's currently dead. no soft reset, no hard reset. just an infinite loop going to fault in one ui.

Thomasdv
First Poster
Options

Hello, I have a similar problem. After an overnight update 2 days ago my Phone got stuck on the logo screen. Whatever boot process I try nothing works anymore. It doesn't even allow me get in the safe mode or recovery mode. 

D Jon
Student
Options

The same thing happened to me!

Update overnight and the phone stuck in the exact same loop!

Had to send it back to be repaired. Called the repair center and they said it needed a new motherboard.

Phone is 3 months old!

How can an update break your phone!

Rachel04
First Poster
Options

Same with me three days ago.  Stuck in a loop can't do any if the resets, now I've lost everything off my phone, sky won't help and I've got to wait until 6 September for a door stop repair, which won't work.  Terrible service. I've always been a Samsung and android fan, might be a conversion to apple on the cards! 

D Jon
Student
Options

Had my phone back after repairs from the loop problem! Only took two weeks! New main board, battery and back face! None of which where broken before the update! Go to reset up my phone and the fingerprint sensor is broken!! Rang Samsung and they told me to send it for repair! Same day I got it back from the repair centre! 

Frustrated and P#$$ed off.

Members_f0VDKZw
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem too.

Does this mean I should claim the phone?

Unbelievable that the update will destroy the mobile......... 😞