Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A53 KEEPS RESTARTING. What is this icon?

(Topic created on: 14-11-2022 10:44 AM)
Members_8nkvlaT
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have an A53 which keeps restarting for no reason at all. Have tried most of the suggestions online but to no avail. I have attached a photo with the symbol that comes up when its going to restart. What is it  why does it keep doing it and can it be solved?20221114_100356[1].jpg

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Possibly secure folder ??
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
I think that symbol is to do with system settings loading the device. You get that after it does a software update and starts to reboot the device. You may have your device automatically restart
enabled in your settings which might be the reason it keeps restarting. Check your settings in device care and see it you have it switched on.
0 Likes
Members_8nkvlaT
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Just checked and that option was already switched off. Its very annoying.

0 Likes
Members_8nkvlaT
First Poster
Options

Just checked and it doesn't have any secure folders

0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Have you tried a full factory reset of your device? A bit drastic I know but it might just cure the problem.
0 Likes
Members_8nkvlaT
First Poster
Options

Hi, Yes done a full reset and software update

0 Likes
Members_8nkvlaT
First Poster
Options

After doing a full reset and software update I now get this symbol before it restarts. I know what the speech bubble is but what is the cog symbol?20221117_084703[1].jpg

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Members_8nkvlaT: If you unlock the phone, then swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom, are there any notifications that might identify what the icon is? Alternatively, head to Settings > Notifications > Recently sent, and check for any apps or services that share that symbol. 

0 Likes