Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications

(Topic created on: 14-11-2022 10:17 AM)
AmberLouise
Navigator
Options
Since the android 13 update notifications aren't waking up the screen! Text messages, Snapchat. Anyone else having the same issue? 
18 REPLIES 18
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Not on my phone since the Android¹³ Samsung One ⁵.⁰ update as far as I'm aware @AmberLouise 

Perhaps try  > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AmberLouise
Navigator
Options
I reset the phone and it made no difference. Thank you for your reply 🙂
0 Likes
Daimytron
Explorer
Options

I have the exact same problem on my Galaxy S21 since the update. Also tried to reboot my phone and no results. So annoying:-(

0 Likes
AmberLouise
Navigator
Options
It really is 😭 seems we were the unlucky ones with the update as others haven't had any problems.
0 Likes
Daimytron
Explorer
Options

I guess so 😥 I even had another system update today, and it didn't solve the problem. 

So if you get that same update and it solves the problem for you, let me know 🤞

0 Likes
AmberLouise
Navigator
Options
I keep checking for updates but nothing. I guess mine won't work either then when I eventually get it. I'll update when I do and see if it's been sorted.
Daimytron
Explorer
Options

👍😊

PaulM1
Options

Hi, @AmberLouise. That's odd. I'm sure that we can get the notifications showing up and waking up your phone as expected again. Which A Series phone are you using, and can you let me know whether you have tried to Wipe cache partition?

The steps to do this were offered within the article @BandOfBrothers linked in his post above.

AmberLouise
Navigator
Options
A53. Unable to wipe cache partition using power and volume buttons so would need to connect to a laptop which I don't have. I reset the phone though and it made no difference. Its never happened before so it is quite odd and really annoying.
0 Likes