Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A50 Charging only from laptop USB port

(Topic created on: 09-07-2020 06:32 PM)
Flackofolio
First Poster
Options

Hey all, 

I'm having a problem with my Samsung A50, I was prompted to update the software on Tuesday just gone. Ever since it wont charge of the mains sockets on the wall only from my USB port on my laptop. It registers the charger is connected, the battery level wont increase though. I have tried everything, original cables, new cables, different combinations of cables and wall plugs(at lest 6 different combos), different wall sockets, cleaned out the ports with compressed air. Changed to charge only from developer options.....EVERYTHING!!! I have an app that tests the quality of chargers and when the same wire is plugged into the wall it registers 0mA  so its not going up or down but when the exact same wire is plugged into my laptop I get between 800 and 1000mA and the battery level goes up. This is some seriously frustrating stuff let me tell ya, please help!!!!!

43 REPLIES 43
Nefru
Apprentice
Options

Is here anyone responding to a major issue in Samsung? There is a bunch of your customers with phones that are chargable only via PC USB, me included. I love my A51, but after recent update, im unable to charge my phone with literaly any brick... If i conect it to PC using literaly the same cable, it will charge just fine, but i need my phone in my work, where is no pc to plug it in to. There are like gazilion power outlets, so why the ***** i canot  charge my phone normaly. Fix your ***** software and force update on all the devices worldwide ASAP. How can this joke of a major company ignore customers like this. I always loved SAMSUNG for the build quality, amazing displays and cool designs, I even stayed considering the exploding bateries drama, but you just dont seem to care... GREAT

0 Likes
Nefru
Apprentice
Options

Only thing i can achieve if i plug into power outlet is for the phone stop loosing charge, regardles if the phone is off or if it runs 4 aplications at the same time with display on, it stay at the same charge forever when pluged, but it wont charge, so it has to be software. If i get it out of cable to make a call, it imidietly starts to loose the charge from the point that was displayed when pluged in on the charger. The phone says it is charging, but it doesnt realy. It can stay on the cable forever, runing every task, but just wont charge.

kinghd
Apprentice
Options

I'm having the same issue since my last update. If they don't come out with a solution or at least notify us that they are working on it, my next phone will NOT be a Samsung!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Nefru
Apprentice
Options

Hey there, i had the exact same issue, but it started working for me again after 2 weeks of strugle. Last thing i did is i somhow changed some setting from the dropdown menu when conected to pc (the menu where your notifications show up) i clicked on "charging batery" and switched to something else, like data transfer, i dont remember. Try that. Dont do it from setings directly, that did not work for me.

0 Likes
kinghd
Apprentice
Options

Thanks. I'm fully charged right now so I'll try that later on. Phone is about 2 years old but the battery still lasts all day.

0 Likes
bhaveshgaba
First Poster
Options

This issue is with charging port  you need to get it replaced from service center if its under warranty you will get it changed for free or they will charge you rs3600 for the port change

0 Likes
kinghd
Apprentice
Options

FYI, I plugged my phone into my car yesterday and it charged. Well, this morning I plugged it into the wall charger and it's charging again. I'm not sure if the car charger made a difference or if it's just coincidence. My car has a built in charging port. 

Posh91
First Poster
Options

I have had exactly the same problem with my A70 for the last three days. After I saw kinghd's post I realised the problem started after using the car charger for the very first time (I don't drive often). I returned to the car and plugged in again. Tried again on the standard mains charger (not laptop) and the problem is cured! Might be coincidence but I don't think so. Any other posters able to confirm the car charger might have been a cause?

markd12
First Poster
Options

Yes I also think it has something to do with car usb. I am having the same issue with my A50- I have used built in car usb before but it usually is extremely slow and so I don't usually bother. This time I was almost flat battery and needed to charge even if it was going to be only a few percent. I connected it to car usb and it charged much faster than it normally does.

However now when I connect to the wall charger it shows charging but doesn't increase in %. It however is charging when connected to Car and PC.

Also when connected to PC it is not allowing me to switch to file transfer mode and furthermore when connected to wall charger it says "device not supported".

This has led me to believe that the default USB mode seems to have toggled when I connected to the car and it is now confusing media devices with charging devices and vice versa. I have not yet found a way to revert it

0 Likes
MarveZeef
Student
Options

I have an A52. But this solution helped (in part) 

At least I can charge via car charger. Werking on heitinga the regular adapter to work

0 Likes