Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A33 5G - fingerprint bypassed using a glove

(Topic created on: 24-01-2023 07:35 PM)
RogB
Student
Options

Discovered that when using a glove that has a pad on the fingertip for phone usage then anyone is able to unlock my A33 5G phone using the "fingerprint". It seems that the fingerprint security can be completely bypassed making phone and bank accounts accessible to anybody with a similar glove.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
FFletch_offroad
Explorer
Options
Did you use the gloves while scanning your fingerprint
0 Likes
FFletch_offroad
Explorer
Options
You could possibly delete all the fingerprints and scan your fingerprints again
0 Likes
Midge123
Voyager
Options
My finger print scanner works fine if I have gloves on I need to take them off to get inside the phone I have the s20 ultra 5g thanks
0 Likes
RogB
Student
Options

No, I set up the fingerprints 6 months ago when I first got the phone and it was only last week that I discovered the phone could be unlocked by someone wearing gloves. I have been able to do this several times using a finger that is not registered as has my daughter. I doesn't work reliably but if you keep trying it seems eventually that it will unlock the phone. This has been done with 2 different pairs of gloves that have the special "pad" on the finger to enable the phone to be used.

0 Likes
RogB
Student
Options

I've not tried that yet, but the fact that it was possible when I thought my phone was secure seems to be a concern to me.

0 Likes
Members_O7e056d
First Poster
Options

I have an A33. It seems that just by playing with it - using a rubber tipped pen or just randomly pressing buttons will allow my children to unlock the phone. I've had to disable fingerprint security because it is not secure. Rubbish in fact

0 Likes