Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A21 not charging with official charger

(Topic created on: 04-07-2021 09:32 AM)
Chris L
First Poster
Options

I bought my daughter an A21 for her Xmas, and just recently it has stopped charging using the official Samsung charger. Doesn't even recognise the charger is plugged in. 

I've tried other Samsung chargers, along with my Huawei one and other non brand ones and there is still no power going to the phone. 

Initially you'd think that the charging point is damaged however, if I plug the USB cable into say my laptop, the TV, the usb sockets on the couch and also in the car, it charges fine, albeit not as fast as fast charging. 

Anyone have any ideas on what could be happening. 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AndrewL
Options

@Chris L: If the A21 is charging via USB cable then this suggests that there is an issue with your plug adapter, however it is strange that you're unable to establish a charge with other Samsung/third party chargers. If you power off the phone and connect it to the charger via the plug adapter, does this make a difference? If not, try heading to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Battery > More Battery Settings > Fast Charging, and toggle this option off, then connect the phone to the USB/plug adapter once again. Does it charge with the Fast Charging feature switched off? 

If the issue persists, and if the phone is less than 12 months old, then I recommend reaching out to our Help Desk via the link below with your proof of purchase to hand, and an advisor will be able to arrange a warranty replacement charger for you. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes