Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A14 - WhatsApp Issues

(Topic created on: 14-10-2023 12:14 AM)
judethedude
Student
Options
Yesterday, I got the Samsung A14 for my Dad and it was working quite smoothly. Today, out of the blue, it stopped receiving any WhatsApp notifications - be it messages or calls - while it is locked. It shows to the sender that the phone isn't connected to the internet (i.e., one tick for messages and calling status for calls). I have literally tried everything from making sure the notification settings are the way they're used to, the lock screen settings are at default, and all the WhatsApp notifications settings are turned on - but nothing has worked. 

Dunno if this helps but I tried contacting WhatsApp and they informed me that the A14 uses Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) to receive push notifications in WhatsApp. Then I got ghosted by them with no clue of what to do if their instructions (which I highlighted above) don't fix the problem. After some research, turns out GCM got deprecated in 2019 and some Fire Cloud thingy replaced the old system. 

Has anyone found a fix/encountered the same problem?

Thanks in advance for all the help.
9 REPLIES 9
smmk
First Poster
Options

Dear,

My story is also A to Z the same as you mentioned above regarding whatsapp in my samsung A14 and still looking for a solution that how to solve or fix this problem. To whom i contact about it ?

If you got any solution for this then please do share it with me, or if i got any then i will share it with you

judethedude
Student
Options
Unfortunately, I couldn't find a fix. I tried reaching out to both Samsung and WhatsApp but none could give me a solution. I had no choice but to return it to the supplier and get it replaced. But now that you have shared that you're also facing the same problem, it could be that the A14's software could faulty coming from Samsung. I'd say if you can replace it with an entirely different phone, then that would be the best solution.
Ed Ra
Journeyman
Options

4 months in I am still finding more new bugs, honestly it seems like the software isn't ready at all since some of these issues affect basic functions of the phone. Would definitely recommend returning it for something else if that's an option, save yourself the on going headache!

SueInHopsenburg
Journeyman
Options
I have the same issue with WhatsApp, since their update.
0 Likes
VJ12
Apprentice
Options

I have A14 5g. Few days ago I got Android 14 update. Since then my WhatsApp audio calls have suffered. I can hear others ok but my voice totaly  breaks for them. I tried everything that was suggested by Samsung and WhatsApp and has not resolved the issue yet.

0 Likes
kajakai
First Poster
Options

I'm facing the same issues after update.

0 Likes
VJ12
Apprentice
Options

After lots and lots of trials and errors and research, finally resolved it. Removed all permissions on microphone except whatsapp and it started working fine. Added permission for other apps one by one to pinpoint the culprit. The culprit was Google app. Tried few times and it is working fine.

Mani155
First Poster
Options

I also faced same issue after updating to android 14. Above solution working for me and issue got fixed.

0 Likes
SLL2
First Poster
Options

You have to go to 

Notifications>app notifications>find WhatsApp>say allow to send notifications 

0 Likes