Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Replacement Samsung A40 won't update beyond Android 9 and security update from 2019

(Topic created on: 30-11-2022 02:48 PM)
Rmoo
First Poster
Options

Hi

The battery on my samsung a40 (SM-A405FN/DS serial ***********) recently started to fail so I bought a replacement samsung a40 (SM-A405FN/DS serial ***********) from musicmagpie.com

My old phone was on Android 11 and One UI version 3.1.

The new samsung a40 has arrived with Android 9 and One UI version 1.1.  The last security update is from 2019.  When I ask the phone to check for software updates it just says the phone software is up to date.

Does anyone know why it won't update.  Are there different versions of the a40 which will go to different releases of Android?

Thanks

Richard

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
keith30
Maestro
Options
I think you've been done. It's a risk buying from these 3rd party sites and they could be many reasons why your not receiving any updates for it. Maybe cut your loses and get a new one from Samsung direct or any of the phone carriers available.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Solution
keith30
Maestro
Options
I think you've been done. It's a risk buying from these 3rd party sites and they could be many reasons why your not receiving any updates for it. Maybe cut your loses and get a new one from Samsung direct or any of the phone carriers available.
0 Likes