Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Prime Video stopped working

(Topic created on: 04-05-2021 11:20 PM)
Cjpann
Student
Options
I have a Samsung Galaxy A40 and it has recently been upgraded to Android 11, since the upgrade, the Prime video app and Netflix app has not worked , the phone freezes and sometimes it switches the phone off entirely. What is the problem and how can this be rectified.
19 REPLIES 19
AlexBr967
Journeyman
Options
Hi guys. I reported this to them and they confirmed it's a bug with the software. They will release a fix soon
Darraghh
Student
Options

Thank you for the update! 

0 Likes
nutrientgnat
First Poster
Options
Thank you, it can't arrive soon enough.
0 Likes
Nado75
First Poster
Options

Does anyone know how long this is going to take to fix as I can’t watch any streaming app. It’s so annoying!

0 Likes
Komalm13
Journeyman
Options

I agree! It's been a month now and it's frustrating.

0 Likes
skandigraun
Explorer
Options

Unfortunately A40 supposed to receive quarterly updates only. Next update is not expected before June. And seeing Samsung's late tendency about OS updates, it will be the very end of June.

0 Likes
Darraghh
Student
Options

This is also pretty frustrating but I've found a way to watch by going to settings, then selecting the app (netflix for instance), go to storage, then clearing the cache. Then turn the phone off and on again. It's a pain but it does work for me. 

0 Likes
Shadowuk4
Apprentice
Options
Just got software update today and all fixed now. All streaming apps working in HD.
0 Likes
Nado75
First Poster
Options

Thanks so much updated phone and all seems to be good again.

0 Likes
AlexBr967
Journeyman
Options
I received an update today and the issue is fixed!
0 Likes