Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QR scans not working after update

(Topic created on: 13-04-2021 09:49 PM)
JT1966
Journeyman
Options
I installed an update last week now I can't scan any QR codes in apps. All permissions seem OK and its not the codes as I have seen others doing it ok. It was fine until the update.  So frustrating,  anyone any ideas? I am losing points not scanning codes when I buy stuff!!! I have a Galaxy A21s 
30 REPLIES 30
CodyH
Voyager
Options
I'm having problems doing this too thought might be because too small.
JT1966
Journeyman
Options
Very annoying, hopefully someone can suggest a fix!!
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
For the time being, just install an qr code scanner app from the play store, until the problem can be fixed :smiling-face:
AndrewL
Options

@JT1966: For clarity, are you able to open the QR Code Scanner by swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom using 2 fingers > QR Code Scanner? If not, open the Camera app > Tap the cog symbol > Scan QR Codes, and make sure that this is toggled on. 

0 Likes
JT1966
Journeyman
Options
Thank you all, its still not working. I can scan the usual QR codes (such as track and trace) but its the QR code in my costa coffee app which doesn't scan and work. The machine works for other people so its not the machine. The camera is enabled for scanning but it just doesn't work. I am losing points daily. The update said it updated the camera and since then it hasn't worked. Any other ideas? Not sure if I should uninstall the camera and reinstall?
0 Likes
JT1966
Journeyman
Options
Its not the Costa machine either, as I said, it works for other people
0 Likes
JT1966
Journeyman
Options
I also sent an error report to Samsung but no response after 5 days!!! Samsung chat cs said they couldn't help 🙄
JT1966
Journeyman
Options
I have just tested the app on another phone and it worked perfectly and immediately. The issue is definitely the update from Samsung which affected the camera, as the update "improved" camera performance. This is now proven. I have an A21s, has anyone else had an issue scanning QR codes since updating? My husband has the same phone and same issue too. @Samsung, can you sort this out!!!!
0 Likes
Catherine
Apprentice
Options

Me too exactly the same on an A21s. Costa QR won't scan - super frustrating! Did you get a response from Samsung please? I'm desperate!