Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with microphone volume in video calls.

(Topic created on: 31-10-2022 09:35 AM)
Options
Hi all, my mic volume is very low when I make a video call on Google Meet, Messenger or WhatsApp.
It is only marginally better if my headphones are plugged in.

At first I thought this was a hardware issue but my camera records my voice perfectly. 

The diagnostic utility shows both microphones correctly.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to remedy this?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@ThisNameIsGoudaNuffC hello, please try to solve the problem by resetting the accessibility settings. Go to Settings/General management/Reset/Reset accessibility settings.
If the problem persists, reset the app preferences: go to Settings/Applications-the three dots on the top right-Reset preferences. I hope these steps help you solve the problem.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

Options
Hi Ventor,
Sadly after trying both. People still report that my volume is much quieter than it used to be.

I'm really confused by this as everything indicates that it's a software issue not a hardware one.

But I've checked permissions, reset preferences, reset accessibility settings, restarted my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the apps and nothing has changed.
0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@ThisNameIsGoudaNuffC In this case, try this: access the Safe Mode of your phone. Activate your mobile data, since by default Safe Mode starts in Airplane Mode. You must have the Meet and Duo apps available. Make video calls, to verify if the The problem persists. In case the error is not present in Safe Mode, you must have a third-party app that causes the error.
If the error persists also in Safe Mode, I personally would Reset all settings and as a last resort -Reset to factory values.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes