Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone keeps restarting

(Topic created on: 02-08-2021 02:57 AM)
Billydog
Journeyman
Options
Any ideas why samsung A51 keeps constantly restarting, it's been doing it for the past hour now.
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'd suggest to try the following @Billydog 

Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded app's but let's your stock app's keep working. If the issues stop then this highlights a downloaded app as the possible issue. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent downloaded app's one at a time until it stops. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

If it continues in Safe Mode then clear the phone's system cache files.

Clear your phone's System Cache Files by turning your phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's System Files and clear the cache. No information is lost this way. You may need to insert your headphones or hook upto a computer with your data cable to get to this menu on the phone. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ 

If nothing is helping then if your phone's software is up to date and there hasn't been an accidental bump or water ingress then a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can take a look.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Billydog
Journeyman
Options
Still no joy with this, phone has constantly been re starting itself all day, driving me mad now. I tried the above suggestion. My phone is all up to date, I've updated all all apps that needed an update and I'm still facing the same issues. 😞
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Ok @Billydog so at this stage please take it to a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre for hands on or back to the source you purchased it from.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "