Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

One UI Home Screen keeps stopping on Samsung A12

(Topic created on: 02-08-2022 03:51 PM)
Members_Ml4tBT0
Student
Options

I was on my phone, build some app and all of a sudden, it shut down. Then it went into a restart loop where it restarted just after lock screen. I had to go into safe mode, remove the app I was developing but then when I went back into normal mode, though it stopped restarting, I get this error message constantly

One UI Home Screen keeps stopping

I have the last Android 12 update and also the One UI update. I don't now what do anymore. I cleared the data, restarted, everything

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Members_Ml4tBT0
Student
Options

I found out the cause. This is a serious bug. The widget app I was building was using this attribute

android:maxResizeWidth="@dimen/widget_min_width"

That is when everything messed up. I had to waste half a day to get things back in order. On a side note, Samsung please stop trying being a software company, this is not the first time your apps crash the entire system, your bugs are not bugs, they are literal big monsters

0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Members_Ml4tBT0 hello, try clearing cache and data from the ONE UI Home app. Access Settings/Applications and look for the ONE UI Home app, in Storage - clear cache and data. Comment us, greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
Darkness
First Poster
Options

I got you guy, I figured the solution and tried it and works 100%.

First go to play store - > then press on your picture - > manage apps and devices - > then search for Samsung one ui, check the box and top corner press on the delete, it will uninstall updates for that app...

First try clearing cache of the app it may solve the issue

Thank me later..... Cheers 

0 Likes