Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

One UI 6 Update: poor audio quality on Bluetooth earplugs

(Topic created on: 11-12-2023 06:40 PM)
Darko_S
Apprentice
Options

After updating to One UI 6 (A54), my earplugs connect fine, but audio is really poor. I can even listen it how bad it is.

I did all the basic/obvious troubleshooting, with no luck (forgetting the connection and redoing it, restart connections, restart the phone..)

How to fix it?

EDIT: Seems that this is frequently appeared error. Samsung could fix it but we need to report it.  It is really easy to do it via Members app:

https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/mobile-devices/raising-an-error-report-via-samsung-members-app/#:....

Go to solution
11 REPLIES 11
troct
Explorer
Options
This worked for my A54 ... hope it works for you ....
I think I have found a temporary fix (I have a A54)! You need developer options enabled.
Scroll down to "Turn off A2DP hardware offload" and toggle this setting ON. Since adjusting this my bluetooth headphones are no longer making distorted sounds and are working perfectly.

From what I have read online the A2DP hardware offload is related to either the phone or headphones decoding the audio. If toggled OFF (as it was when I first checked after the One UO 6.0 update) then it is expecting the headphones to decode which most can't (hense the distortion) but if you turn it ON then the phone will decode the audio.
0 Likes
DaveAgain
Journeyman
Options
Thank you! Been annoying me for ages whenever I interact with my phone (UK 22 ultra) in the last few months. That worked for me.
0 Likes