Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI 4.1

(Topic created on: 01-06-2022 07:34 AM)
Neil_za
Pioneer
Options

This app is absolute rubbish, I have been having issues with battery drain and have narrowed it down to this app. I uninstalled all the apps I installed and the battery was good for 4 hours, then I started re installing the apps and the more apps I installed the higher the battery usage was this this rubbish app.

When will Samsung fix this useless app

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What app are you referring to?
0 Likes
Neil_za
Pioneer
Options

One UI 4.1 as per heading

0 Likes
Knightshift76
Voyager
Options
Unfortunately, that's samsung's Operating system like ios,Oxygen os,Material you etc.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Neil_za: I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment. Sadly the more apps you introduce to your device, the more battery usage you will experience, both directly through interacting with the apps, and indirectly via background processes. If you head to Settings > Battery and device care > Battery > Tap on the usage graph, you will find a breakdown of your usage. If you see anything listed that is using an abnormal amount of battery, tap on it, select 'Limit usage' at the bottom of the screen, and you can add it to the Sleeping or Deep Sleeping apps section. Sleeping apps will only run in the background occasionally, while deep sleeping apps will never run in the background, and will only work when you open them. I hope this helps. 

Neil_za
Pioneer
Options

This will tell you what I have done and for reference i have an A72 without any issues.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-a-series/a73-battery-drain/m-p/5479921#M24738

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I really don't understand what you are trying to describe. One UI is the OS, it will always run in the background. As you install more apps they will create more battery usage. It's perfectly normal. I can see you've reset the device a few times. After a reset your phone needs time to learn usage patterns.

Haven't seen any meaningful battery stats from you so please fully charge the phone and run it for a day and upload screenshot of the data.
0 Likes
Neil_za
Pioneer
Options

I dont know what you are talking about, I have an A72 that does not have any issues like this,

you can look at the stats and what I have done with the link.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-a-series/a73-battery-drain/m-p/5479921#M24738

Be that as it may I will just have to live with this problem and run oneui4.1 restricted which it does not seem to mind.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sorry, I read those posts previously and don't understand what you are trying to say. The only thing I've gleaned is you have stated when you add apps to your phone it uses more battery which is what they all do.
I also explained that I need to see battery stats after 24 hours on a full charge since anything else is meaningless. Please post those stats showing the graph and app usage stats.
0 Likes