Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Novice user A53 5G

(Topic created on: 10-11-2022 03:57 PM)
Devondumpling
Apprentice
Options

I set up my A53 to use fingerprint recognition, added email and Network accounts etc. I turned it off and went to bed. Turned it back on, but it is asking for a password - which I had not yet set up. Any ideas how I can get back into my phone please?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
When you set up your finger print did you also set up a pin or password for security. Normally after a restart the device you have to use a sim pin for the sim card if set and a pin or password the first time to login after restarting to the phone, then you can use your fingerprint to unlock.

If that fails you may have to reset it as per the link below 👇
https://youtu.be/zQqSU4453Ic
AndrewL
Options

@Devondumpling: Further to the above, you should have been prompted to create a pin or password when setting up your Fingerprints, as this is required as a back up, and for intermittent verification. If you're unsure of the password, please follow the link below and sign in using the Samsung account details that are registered to your Galaxy A53, and you can remotely unlock the device from here.

https://findmymobile.samsung.com

Devondumpling
Apprentice
Options

Thanks AndrewL. I registered my mobile in My Samsung, but it is not appearing in findmymobile. I can't remember the password, have tried everything so decided a hard reset is needed. I've run the battery down, followed the guidance but can't get the recovery menu to appear. Thinking it needs a Samsung expert's intervention.

0 Likes
Devondumpling
Apprentice
Options
I had to hard reset, which took 6 attempts to "capture" the menu using the buttons, but all is good now, thank you!
0 Likes
SW2
Pathfinder
Options
Normally you can't add your fingerprint without a password /pin being set up? It would have been that which is what you need to enter...
0 Likes