Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOTIFICATION: Android System USB Connector Connected/Disconnected

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 05:53 PM)
AliJ2021
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I am having an immense issue on my phone, which also many other people are encountering I saw online as well. I keep getting a non-stop silent notification which says USB Connector Connected / Disconnected. I have a A51 phone and since 3 days this is going on.

I saw many other people encountered this issue. I have tried many of the proposed solutions but in vain. Here is a list of things I did to tackle it:

-Discharge my phone battery to 0% then full charge to 100% with my original battery charger and TYPE C cable.
-Cleared cache and date of USB Settings
-Cleared cache of Android System
-Boot in safe mode and cleared cache of USB settings
-Master reset
-Wiped cache partition in recovery mode
-Downgraded to previous firmware
-Cleaned USB port with a plastic toothpick
-Put the phone 20 hours in rice and even used hair dryer
-Enabled developer mode and change USB default connection to phone charging only

I tried all these but in vain. The issue still persists. I have heard that even after changing the USB port, the problem comes back later. So, it is not a hardware issue then!

Please help...

181 REPLIES 181
Alan4872
Apprentice
Options

I have only had it solved for just over one day now so I am keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't come back. I will update here in a few days  to let you guys know if its still working.

It worked for five days and then it came back again. This time the rice bag didn't work so I tried the hairdryer on the usb port. This would buy me a day. But I would have to do it every day after charging for it to work. Needless to say my daughter was getting annoyed with her hair dryer continually going missing. 

I read in an obscure post that a new charging cable could solve it so I bought a high rated powerful cable and bingo!!! No more problems at all for the past few days and no need to borrow my daughters hairdryer. I will update in a week again to let you guys know how it's gone

0 Likes
Elenazr_
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung A32 and I had the same problem for 2 weeks until I came upon this comment so I gave it a try and istg IT WORKED. THANK YOU

dbraos
Journeyman
Options

WebView *again* ?!? Yes, that might be that. Not the first time. I should thought of it before.

Update: It is too early to break out champagne, but reinstalling WebView (and restarting) seems to have stopped the problem. Then again, the problem was kind of intermittent, so I am not sure yet.

Anyway, thanks, @Mohammed2912 

0 Likes
Mohammed2912
Journeyman
Options

Hey dbraos,

The issue will come back however it should sort itself out over time. My phone still does this however after a restart it usually better, also charging it seems to fix the issue sometimes. 

0 Likes
dbraos
Journeyman
Options

That's how my phone behaved before - sometimes it would not charge if on, sometimes turning it off completely and charging fully helped for a while... I don't know what happens next, but another issue I had, viewing photos on FaceBook, also disappeared.  

We shall see.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Options

Hey guys..

I had some experience like that...

But I figured it out....

It started with my faulty usb cable showing this and one other.. notification always popping (admit it....!!)

Giving that notification sound which irritate...

Which gave me craving to do some thing ..

Looked on videos aNd web....!!

And screen at OÑ mode...

Draining my battery....

Aughhhhhhh....!

So have to get rid off that faulty cable ....

And buy a new on fast charging usb cable...!!

Don't be mean...!! Guys..!!

Now plug new usb to ur original charger i.e. Samsung in this case..!!

Okay....!!

For this we want You All ............to LIKE...!!!!

IN THE END...!!!

Or this won't work....!!

Now coming to the work ....(thank me later my name is Suresh..)

First 

you all have  turn off ur device with no charger attached ..!!! (Alert  NO Restart )

Clear...!!

Second

plug your charger to device, when changing indicates on ur screen.

Proceed to turning ON Your device...

Third 

Get to ur 1. Settings 

Search for General manager 

Screenshot_20220621-140601_Settings.jpg

 2. Open it.. 

YOU ALL WILL SEE BELOW INTERFACE..

Screenshot_20220621-131021_Settings.jpg

 YOU ALL have to press on Reset  

Don't  be afraid of this reset button....

Right....

Now press ...

It will pop out this ...below snap...!!

Screenshot_20220621-131031_Settings.jpg

 NOW U ALL BELIEVE ME....!!!

FOURTH 

YOU ALL  have to wish me .. my family would  have good fortune and survive in life ahead...!!

Basically  a Civil  Engineering  by job....

With Mummy and Papa and a gift of small brother  living at Chaibasa .. with combine family 

A place near  Jamshedpur/Tatanagar  Jharkhand ,INDIA 

THAT WAS GOOD...!!!

Now again to work 

Press 1 saying" reset all setting to  their defaults"

NOTE :-charger must be pluged...!!

It will ask for restart 

Allow it...!!

Your device is ready to use without losing any data...

Taping my shoulder....!!

Credit :- Suresh Hembrom  (B.tech civil

engineer) 

Lovers of all kind....!!! 🤩

Dont forget to Likes  below plz...!!!🤞

0 Likes
dbraos
Journeyman
Options

Please fewer exclamation points, less whitespace and more content.

In my case, no USB cables were faulty. Charging with the device off always worked, as you say, even when it didn't if you plugged it in while on.

Deinstalling Google's WebView updates and then restarting the phone worked for a while, then had to be repeated. Then, after a week or so, it just held - all crazy symptoms disappeared. I forgot to note versions of WebView - perhaps Google fixed it. It would not be the first time.

Good luck!

RobHooligan
First Poster
Options

I have an A42 and I started having this issue after using an OTG connector too.

0 Likes
Badgerman87
First Poster
Options

Yeah that doesn't work. The cause of this USB notification is because your phone overheated, probably because you left it in your car on a hot day. 

0 Likes
Badgerman87
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone,

So this is happening because your phone overheated while it was plugged in. Whether you know it overheated or not that's what happened.

So because your phone overheated it went into overheat protection mode where it turns everything off except for some minor services.

The only way to fix this is to get your phone to go into overheat protect mode again. After heating up your phone so overheat protect mode kicks in you will want to put it in a freezer for about 10 to 15 minutes.

If the cause is moisture, you may have to do this twice.

I recommend putting it in your car on your dashboard with the heat on in direct sunlight, screen facing down to protect your display. This works best if it's 80° to 85° out.

When you put your phone in the freezer make sure your screen is face up and uncovered.

0 Likes