Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOTIFICATION: Android System USB Connector Connected/Disconnected

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 05:53 PM)
AliJ2021
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I am having an immense issue on my phone, which also many other people are encountering I saw online as well. I keep getting a non-stop silent notification which says USB Connector Connected / Disconnected. I have a A51 phone and since 3 days this is going on.

I saw many other people encountered this issue. I have tried many of the proposed solutions but in vain. Here is a list of things I did to tackle it:

-Discharge my phone battery to 0% then full charge to 100% with my original battery charger and TYPE C cable.
-Cleared cache and date of USB Settings
-Cleared cache of Android System
-Boot in safe mode and cleared cache of USB settings
-Master reset
-Wiped cache partition in recovery mode
-Downgraded to previous firmware
-Cleaned USB port with a plastic toothpick
-Put the phone 20 hours in rice and even used hair dryer
-Enabled developer mode and change USB default connection to phone charging only

I tried all these but in vain. The issue still persists. I have heard that even after changing the USB port, the problem comes back later. So, it is not a hardware issue then!

Please help...

184 REPLIES 184
yuriovich
Student
Options

Solved !!!!!
I know this is an old post, but it quickly solved this very irritating issue for me. It started out of nowhere and was making my phone basically useless. I had tried many other things mentioned in this thread and none worked. Hopefully my success will encourage others to try this. Older base model Galaxy A11.

"As a troubleshooting step, please head to Settings > Apps > Tap the 3 lines to the right of 'Your Apps' > Show System Apps > OK > USBSettings > Storage > Clear Cache/Clear Data"

kylie2311
First Poster
Options
Ok
0 Likes
definitelynotAI
First Poster
Options

Ignore everyone else before this. It's all horse****. They're telling you to do things irrelevant to the problem. This was explored and tested by our development department. Hopefully samsung doesn't delete my comment. This is something called planned obsolescence. Whereby something is made to break down to encourage frequent upgrades. 

The problem is a malfunctioning charging board. Ultimately you need to replace the power ribbon and board but there's ways to alleviate the connected disconnected issue short term. If you know how to discharge current from a component then do that after disconnecting the board, if not don't risk damaging your phone, the alternative is to connect a type C cable without power for a few hours after charging. the cable will prevent the screen from constantly staying on and after an hour or 2 the notification will stop popping up. It'll come back after maybe 1 charge, maybe a 100 but it'll always happen again, like i said planned obsolescence, stick to cheap chinese phones. they don't last either but atleast you get what you pay for.

0 Likes
Helzbellz1
Apprentice
Options
I have this occasionally on my s9 but I also keep getting a message saying moisture is in my usb and it will only charge wirelessly,then after a few days it lets me charge with a wire once before giving me the usb moisture error again. I haven't got it wet atall . Iv tried cleaning the usb and restarting etc to no avail
0 Likes
Any_Persimmon_6682
First Poster
Options

Although the clear cache and data in USB Settings via Apps approach temporarily stopped the USB connected / disconnected message, it returned shortly after.

So clearing cache sorted the signs and symptoms briefly, but not the cause...

I then used 70% Isopropyl alcohol on a thin cloth and with a needle (/toothpick) carefully but thoroughly cleaned within the USB C port and connection pins on the phone and let it dry.

Hey presto- no more USB connect / disconnected message, normal charging!

The cause is dirt / debris / etc in or on the USB C connector pins of the phone (at least it was in my 3 years old Samsung Galaxy M31 that has daily use/charging/dirt/dust/moisture exposure++).

I had tried all the usual remedies - new cable / charger / reset etc etc and none worked

Good luck folks. I sincerely hope you get your USB connected / disconnected issue sorted!

0 Likes
Kenbo11
First Poster
Options

I have an A52 5g. It does the same thing. But I've noticed that it only happens when I plug the phone end of the cord in first then the charger (or computer etc) 

If I plug the charger in first then the phone all works normally. 

0 Likes
Kyedex
First Poster
Options

I wasn't having this issue until I updated to the latest version. Ui 6 I believe it is. So moral of the story, don't update to ui 6. I haven't found a method to fixing this

0 Likes
samkskdhcududkkd
First Poster
Options

Suddenly, this annoying notification pop up in my samsung a11 android10. I did EVERYTHING that you can think and find in youtube to solve it but it didn't work.in the end, I updated to android11 and the notifications disapeared! IT sounds its a bug for android10

0 Likes
Galaxy111
First Poster
Options

Same problem on my Galaxy A11  after i dropped it into water

0 Likes
Galaxy111
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem woth my Galaxy A11 after i accidentally dropped it in water. Any help?

0 Likes