Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOTIFICATION: Android System USB Connector Connected/Disconnected

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 05:53 PM)
AliJ2021
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I am having an immense issue on my phone, which also many other people are encountering I saw online as well. I keep getting a non-stop silent notification which says USB Connector Connected / Disconnected. I have a A51 phone and since 3 days this is going on.

I saw many other people encountered this issue. I have tried many of the proposed solutions but in vain. Here is a list of things I did to tackle it:

-Discharge my phone battery to 0% then full charge to 100% with my original battery charger and TYPE C cable.
-Cleared cache and date of USB Settings
-Cleared cache of Android System
-Boot in safe mode and cleared cache of USB settings
-Master reset
-Wiped cache partition in recovery mode
-Downgraded to previous firmware
-Cleaned USB port with a plastic toothpick
-Put the phone 20 hours in rice and even used hair dryer
-Enabled developer mode and change USB default connection to phone charging only

I tried all these but in vain. The issue still persists. I have heard that even after changing the USB port, the problem comes back later. So, it is not a hardware issue then!

Please help...

183 REPLIES 183
Pr01
First Poster
Options

Hey I found out a way to make it go away https://youtu.be/-XhJ3gY8P0k

That was the video that I watched and you can watch it while doing it

0 Likes
Android geek
First Poster
Options

So I made it stop for about 5 minutes. By going to Settings>Apps>Android System and clicking force stop. For some reason their are also things related to IT Admins which would only make sense if I was on a company phone. Possibly an app overriding my system settings?

Definitely nothing more than a slight inconvenience but a little annoying to not know why.

Galaxy A01

0 Likes
JEM22
Student
Options

Here's one I think might work. Reset all the settings, but only the settings not the whole phone. 

0 Likes
Shahnawaz2408
First Poster
Options

THIS STUFF WORKED FOR ME. 

SELECT LAST OPTIONS. (THOUGH I DINT UNDERSTAND A BIT AMONG THE OPTIONS) 

0 Likes
Mrblunston
First Poster
Options

Pickmybrain is right. And if u want to access its settings, when it's popping up catch one and hold. Opens up additional setting to silence and ur change. Sence it's an issue that happen over time and doesn't happen to all devices. But testing doesn't account open-world problems. I hope this helped a bit.

0 Likes
James 2
First Poster
Options

I also have the same problem what should I do 

0 Likes
JSlim1980
Explorer
Options

Anyone have a Samsung Tab S6 that this is happening to and causing high battery drain as a result? This only started a few days ago, didn't download anything new either. I did do a software update AFTER it started happening but it had no affect ? I've no idea what's going on. Fast charging is coming up but saying it will take 30mins to charge 2% to 100% ???? Then 2mins later it's at 100 so the info is all wrong? I am using a 40w USB c to USB c charging cable and plug and have even bought two spare ones of different brands and only difference is it started charging again?  Whereas the reg usb to usb c  Samsung plug and connection cable was not charging it. 

*Clean port

*Zero damage to port or cable or plug which is directly in wall socket 

0 Likes
Members_YZjtNVe
First Poster
Options

Same problem with my phone, after up-date

0 Likes
Mohammed2912
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately there is no fix, I have had this issue for a very long time with my S10. I have tried all the suggested tricks but nothing worked for me either. My battery would drain rapidly and become hot and phone would not sleep. 

The issue remains however not every day now, so know that the issue will get better eventually...

Samsung should really address the issue on the forum, but they don't seem to acknowledge the issue with their devices. They palm people off saying they got their phone wet which is absolute nonsense. My next upgrade will not be a Samsung and am actually looking at alternatives.

Its so frustrating, make sure you backup your phone, just in case it stops working altogether. 

dbraos
Journeyman
Options

Just to add another variation to this problem that started today on my Galaxy A51 - it won't charge at all unless it is powered off (but the screen stays of when the phone is on, as normal). 

I tried more or less everything suggested except resetting everything to factory defaults - no change.