Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOTIFICATION: Android System USB Connector Connected/Disconnected

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 05:53 PM)
AliJ2021
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I am having an immense issue on my phone, which also many other people are encountering I saw online as well. I keep getting a non-stop silent notification which says USB Connector Connected / Disconnected. I have a A51 phone and since 3 days this is going on.

I saw many other people encountered this issue. I have tried many of the proposed solutions but in vain. Here is a list of things I did to tackle it:

-Discharge my phone battery to 0% then full charge to 100% with my original battery charger and TYPE C cable.
-Cleared cache and date of USB Settings
-Cleared cache of Android System
-Boot in safe mode and cleared cache of USB settings
-Master reset
-Wiped cache partition in recovery mode
-Downgraded to previous firmware
-Cleaned USB port with a plastic toothpick
-Put the phone 20 hours in rice and even used hair dryer
-Enabled developer mode and change USB default connection to phone charging only

I tried all these but in vain. The issue still persists. I have heard that even after changing the USB port, the problem comes back later. So, it is not a hardware issue then!

Please help...

181 REPLIES 181
Incendero
Student
Options

Hey, 

I went to the samsung service centre, and they changed the daughter board and the type c female adapter of my phone. Hardly took them around 10 hours to repair(if part is available). They said me that this occurs when there is moisture on daughter board and type c female adapter. Anyway we need to change those parts and the total cost incurred to me were around 1500 rupees.

Hope this was helpful 😃.

Vumani
First Poster
Options

Hie Ali. 

Did you finally get the solution. I'm also having similar challenges with my Samsung galaxy A32  its so annoying 

0 Likes
Deni1582
First Poster
Options
Hi all!

I just had the same problem as everyone, where my phone would only turn off when i plugged it into a charger. When not plugged in, it would constantly be on and I'd get notifications switching from USB connected to USB disconnected. I tried everything and almost did a system reset.

However, what did the trick was a simple paintbrush. I scrubbed the port for 5 minutes with a soft brush and as soon as i did this my phone went back to normal!
0 Likes
DariusVanC
First Poster
Options

Yeah, my Samsung A51 5G just started this issue this morning after I dropped my phone in packed snow. It prevents my phone from turning off which is quite annoying. 

0 Likes
Mohammed2912
Journeyman
Options

This is a software issue and not a hardware issue. Samsung have disabled the ability to disable the notifications for the issue. It's a great way to get you to upgrade you're phone. 

0 Likes
OhThatMaven
First Poster
Options

Adding my model to the pile. My Galaxy Ao2s has been silently notifying me Android System USB disconnecting and connecting since last night. I googled first since I don't have anything connected at all. Just signing up for this "community" was a hassle. Print was overhyped by another line, my email pasted wasn't a valid email, etc. Samsung is supposed to be the best of the best. I do hope they haven't dropped the ball. I've had this phone a week.

0 Likes
christineleehall
First Poster
Options

Have you simply started the phone (from a powered down state) with the usb charger plugged in?   This ALWAYS works for me, and I kept my phone unused for over a year before I figured this out.  Brilliant, right?

0 Likes
OltiStavilexi
First Poster
Options

Hello! I literally just had this problem like Hours ago and i found no solutions about this and i thought of giving up and taking my phone to a professional but i thought let me try restarting my phone and i restarted my phone a bunch of times then it went away and I haven't seen that notification since so try restarting your phone 4 5 times it might work for you too btw i have a galaxy A11

0 Likes
JEM22
Student
Options

I had the same problem on my tablet so as I saw it was a silent notification, I managed to change it to alerting notification. Don't see it anymore and if not charging, change the charger head. Maybe the black one worked for me. Came back after a while but I decided to reset all the settings not the phone but the settings only. 👍

0 Likes
arthurtiff815
First Poster
Options

Thanks, Muaz, your suggestion worked. Will update this message if the error comes back.

0 Likes