Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOTIFICATION: Android System USB Connector Connected/Disconnected

(Topic created on: 21-08-2021 09:13 PM)
AliJ2021
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I am having an immense issue on my phone, which also many other people are encountering I saw online as well. I keep getting a non-stop silent notification which says USB Connector Connected / Disconnected. I have a A51 phone and since 3 days this is going on.

I saw many other people encountered this issue. I have tried many of the proposed solutions but in vain. Here is a list of things I did to tackle it:

-Discharge my phone battery to 0% then full charge to 100% with my original battery charger and TYPE C cable.
-Cleared cache and date of USB Settings
-Cleared cache of Android System
-Boot in safe mode and cleared cache of USB settings
-Master reset
-Wiped cache partition in recovery mode
-Downgraded to previous firmware
-Cleaned USB port with a plastic toothpick
-Put the phone 20 hours in rice and even used hair dryer
-Enabled developer mode and change USB default connection to phone charging only

I tried all these but in vain. The issue still persists. I have heard that even after changing the USB port, the problem comes back later. So, it is not a hardware issue then!

Please help...

183 REPLIES 183
GalaxyA70 USB Error
Journeyman
Options

Roshan, thanks for your reply. Yes, I no more use the Powerbank since then. But I wonder, powerbanks were specifically made to charge the phone, as we all know. How come that possibly has lead to such pathetic situation which we all are facing now..?

There is something to this "bug". Definately to reduce the LifeSpan of our phone that we try to use it as long as possible without any Problem.

GalaxyA70 USB Error
Journeyman
Options

Hi

Ali and Everyone again.

My  update for the noon of 16th Aug 2021.

I restarted my A70 (2019) . And was giving it yet Another try to connect my SanDisk USB-C Pendrives. To my surprise there wasn't any sign of that annoying Notification after the restart. But Prior to the Restart I had done something in the "Notification Settings" (which I never did/tried anytime before).

NOTE: I am NOT sure about if it's that settings I palyed with before the Restart. It MIGHT BE OR MIGHT NOT BE the reason for the sudden disappearance of that Annoying Silent USB d/c Notification + USB-C SanDisk Pendrives are now working on my Phone 

I have attached a Screenshot Here

I will soon let everyone know if it at all even work's for 96 Hours. I am counting every Hour since then. And at the completion of 96 hours or More, I will let everyone know.

Fingers Crossed 🤞

Screenshot_20210817-014712_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes
Roshandb
Apprentice
Options

Dont knw bro...but i figured out that power bank is making this issue...

I think thts cause diffrence on voltage or may be its bug..which company really need to addrwss as fastas possible..

I m glad it helped u n others..n may solve someones time n save them from mental torture 

0 Likes
Yanen
First Poster
Options

Hi!! Anybody managed to find the solition. I get the same notification on my A21s when plugged into charger, phone does not charge but shows USB connector disconnected

0 Likes
PoojaShah
First Poster
Options

Found this post in another post. Works for me. Only problem is that the setting changes back to default after every time I restart my device. But other than this, it works.

THE FIX - FOR ME AT LEAST:

-   Open the dialler and type *#0808# (it's normally *#2873# on other Samsung mobiles but it did not open the USBSettings app at all).

-   As soon as you press the last '#', the USBSettings menu will appear with several bullet-point style options:

MTP

PTP

RNDIS+DM+MODEM

RMNET+DM+MODEM

RMNET+DM+MODEM+ADPL

-  I selected the last option, pressed 'Apply', exited, confirmed the setting stayed the same, pressed 'Apply' again and then pressed the 'REBOOT' button.

Evee3008
First Poster
Options

I cleaned the USB port with a plastic floss pick wrapped with an alcohol pad. The notification still pops up but my phone is able to sleep now once I lock it.

0 Likes
GalaxyA70 USB Error
Journeyman
Options

Hi Ali & Everyone

Though I am little late, but as I promised; 

Yes its been 9 Complete days since I had suddenly ran my fingers through the below Explained procedures to surprisingly find that Pathetic Notification vanished. I am glad no sign of that Notification anymore. 

... [ I apologise, firstly it took me more than a week to be back here to give a solution. Secondly, since I vaguely remember those final options gonna be explained by me below as I was extremely  busy from past few weeks due to the Cyclone that caused a Complete disaster to my little House, I was messed up in Repairing and Refurbishing ] ...

Here is what I did.

When that USB connected/disconnected notification appears, pull it down carefully and right below it you will see the "Notification Settings" written in very small font size > TAP it and You will find FEW (Four I guess; I really don't remember how many) Options. Read those options carefully & get to only one of the LAST OR Second Last notification option (silent I guess) and TAP it to get rid of this Problem. Try with either the LAST or Second Last Option only.

The USB connected/disconnected Notification didn't happen since then for me.

NOTICE: I have Android 9 running on One UI 1.1

... HOPE  IT  WORKS  FOR EVERYONE  FACING  THIS  ISSUE ...

Let me know 👍 

Cheers🥂

0 Likes
Aniket
First Poster
Options

Just enable the USB Debugging in Developers Options. This solved my problem.

0 Likes
christineleehall
First Poster
Options

i see this in help forums on many Samsung phones as far back as 2017.  Maybe they use the same connector on all phones with this type of power supply.  I do not know what to do.  I had called Samsung last month and he showed me how to do a soft reboot which fixed it for a while.  It's back again and again  Soft reboot fixed it often, will not fix it now.  Oh Samsung empathetic help, where are you?  Oh Samsung money keepers, this will keep ppl from buying Samsung phones, please fix it......

0 Likes
GalaxyA70 USB Error
Journeyman
Options

Hi Christine,

Try also the Notification Setting Change (I have explained above) after which, in my case, I haven't yet experienced it. It's been 22 days now, haven't got that annoying Notification. 

0 Likes