Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'No Sim card' error message

(Topic created on: 22-03-2021 11:47 AM)
pamk1
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung A20e. I keep getting the 'no sim card' error message. I've phoned thrice - and was cut off every time. I put in new Sim card and and SD card. Still a problem. Did technical chat and was told to try safe mode. No use. Got the error message. Then I did a factory reset. Still a problem. I was then offered a repair. Guess what? Came back and it's STILL a problem. Have also done safe mode post-'repair' and it's still a problem. What now? I don't know what else to try. It's under warranty but this is patently a fault. Why won't Samsung replace the phone?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Occam's razor. Try a new sim.
0 Likes
CodyH
Voyager
Options
try sim card without SD card in.

also.
are sure sim card put in right? as easy put in wrong or wrong way around extra.

did turn phone of then put simcard in then turn on.

try system restart too.

if nothing works may need new sim card, if still persist after all that and all already tried then its most likely faulty device you got.
0 Likes
pamk1
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, but yeah. Tried new Sim card. New SD card. Factory reset. Problem won't go away. The cards both work fine in another phone. Samsung won't replace phone and the only option I was offered was to have to send it in for repair AGAIN! So annoying. Will try that but if that doesn't work, I'm stuck.

0 Likes
pamk1
Apprentice
Options

Thanks but that was the first thing I tried. Also new SD card. Factory reset. Problem is still there. Samsung repaired the phone (allegedly) and problem returned a few hours later. Not it's off for repair again. They've refused a replacement phone, and Argos (where I bought it) won't help. I'm running out of options.

13amp
First Poster
Options
Did this ever get resolved as I have exactly the same issue with my A20e. Tried new Sim card, didn't make a difference. Have yet to send phone for repair but about to try, it's still under warranty.
AndrewL
Options

@13amp: Do you see the No SIM Card error when using a certain app or feature, or is it random? Next time you encounter it, please can you send an Error Report, and include your System Log Data, so our team of experts can take a look at this for you? To do this, please head to the Members app > Get Help > Error Report > Tap 'OK' to send System Log Data > Select the symptom, and include as much detail as possible. To ensure your logs accurately reflect the issue you're experiencing, we'd like you to submit your report within 5 minutes of encountering the problem. Our engineers will then investigate this and respond to you with a solution via the Members app. 

0 Likes
Members_DAeZa5n
First Poster
Options

I never got it resolved on my A20e. Gave up in the end. Got fed up being cut off mid phone call, people trying to reach me and couldn't. And what ever I tried it still wouldn't work. Months of going back and forth trying to get it to work. Had to get another phone from a different company in the end. Pity as I liked this phone, but far too unreliable for use.

0 Likes