Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 4G LTE connection when leave wifi (since A41 software update)

(Topic created on: 12-07-2021 05:31 AM)
DNot
First Poster
Options

Since a recent software update, my phone no longer connects automatically to 4G / LTE. I can manually reconnect but it's frustrating and time consuming. Is there a permanent fix? I'd love to get the issue resolved.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@DNot 

hello

try resetting the APN

head to settings → connections → mobile → access point names → 3 dots → reset APN

then turn off and on the device

the device will ask/prompt you of preferred APN after

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
If you're on Vodafone UK you're not alone.
0 Likes
DNot
First Poster
Options
Yes, I'm on Vodafone UK sadly.
0 Likes
DNot
First Poster
Options
Unfortunately it didn't fix the issue. Any other ideas?
0 Likes
DNot
First Poster
Options
Are you aware of a solution?
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
I'm not on Voda UK but I've seen many have the same issue. Having new APN Vodafone settings sent to you should fix it or Google search for them then manually put them in and activate the new profile.
0 Likes
ecosse01
Voyager
Options
I had exactly the same issue. Tried 4 different SIMS from family members in my A51 5G and none would work, must be the phone, right?

Called Samsung support and paid £20 for the WeFix service, they come to you under warranty and sort within an hour.

Only thing is that after 2.5hrs, the engineer could not get the A51 5G to work on my SIMS, just his O2 SIM!

I had to phone Samsung 5 times to get another engineer visit sorted.

The night before the visit, I was once again googling and found this page to add the APN. I must stress, I did contact Vodafone and they sent me a brand new SIM, delivered the next day, same no data result.

I added the APN as per this website and it just worked:
https://deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/samsung/galaxy-a51-5g-android-10-0/connectivity/set-up-your-phon...

I managed to work out that the config message being sent by VF to the device is not being implemented accurately as it's adding a proxy server address where one's not needed and a port ID.

Try the above as mine is now happily flying on 4G.

Good luck 🤞
0 Likes
balmaha
First Poster
Options
This didn't work for the. Still has 2g or 3g only. How is this?
0 Likes