Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my screen is getting worse since update, now getting ghost touches button proble

(Topic created on: 27-08-2020 02:41 PM)
Tracy3103
Explorer
Options
Since the last update I have had whitish vertical lines down my screen,  tried factory reset and checked for virus using a virus app, neither made a difference.  Now I'm getting ghost touches and my buttons on my pull down menu look like this. Please help 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Declan98
Apprentice
Options
what samsung model phone do you have?
Tracy3103
Explorer
Options
a20e
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Tracy3103: Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Following the factory reset, did you re-install any third party applications to the A20e? If so, try deleting those apps temporarily, then restart the phone to see if you notice an improvement. 

Tracy3103
Explorer
Options
after the factory reset I didn't install any apps for 2 days, to see if it was an app, it didn't make any difference at all
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Tracy3103: Thanks for confirming. If the problem has persisted following a factory reset, and there are no 3rd party apps installed on the device, then I recommend reaching out to our Help Desk via the link below, where an advisor will be on hand to assist you further, and arrange a warranty inspection. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

Tracy3103
Explorer
Options
thanks for your advice and taking time to reply to me. I already had spoken to someone via live chat, and they said to take it to a Samsung place or to arrange a collection for a diagnostic test and then a fix, but I'm worried that I may have to pay, it is only about 2 months old and brought from carphone warehouse, so under warranty, and its only happened since the last update and iv seen other people with the same problem, but a few have said that they were told it was water damage and would have to pay, but the phone hadn't got wet at all, I haven't got the money to pay and it has not got wet, would I have to pay for them to just diagnose the problem??
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Tracy3103: If the phone is under 24 months old, and inside the warranty period, then the inspection service will be free of charge. If the engineer does deem the device to be out of warranty due to physical/liquid damage, or an unauthorised modification, then a quotation will be issued, allowing your the chance to opt in or out of the service. By opting out, the phone will be returned to you unrepaired at no cost. I hope this helps. 

Tracy3103
Explorer
Options
sorry to be a pain, but do you know what the little triangle is at the top of my screen by any chance??
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Tracy3103: A triangle with 2 arrows facing up and down means that you have reached the data limit set by your service provider. You might also have Data Saver switched on in Settings > Connections > Data Usage > Data Saver. 

0 Likes