Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving apps to sd card Samsung Galaxy A21s

(Topic created on: 10-01-2021 12:26 AM)
Speedy82
Journeyman
Options
Is it possible to move Apps from internal storage to external storage? All my previous phones you could transfer apps via settings however with the new A21s it's not giving me the option to move to sd card for any of my apps which were moveable on previous phone.
Thanks
31 REPLIES 31
knightsy
First Poster
Options
is it easy to increase storage with sd card.
0 Likes
savantsyndrome
First Poster
Options

that still doesn't solve the problem of moving apps to sd

RLCasad
First Poster
Options

This is for moving files not Apps. 

NapalmVisine
Student
Options

This is a SERIOUS PROBLEM!! My A21 can't move apps to SD? I will return it to the store!! My a20 had this option! What the hell Samsung!?! 

Barneygoogle
Journeyman
Options

That's brilliant! Thank you. I have just received my new A21s today and could not work out how to move anything to the SD card. I had downloaded just one photo, from my Google Photos in the cloud and have now moved it to the SD card, so thanks again.

0 Likes
Swanno
First Poster
Options
Come on Samsung. I am having to remove apps I had on my old s7 and there is still little storage.
0 Likes
Anthony7D7
Student
Options

Major disappointment on this OS limitation. Guess I should have done a better job researching before buying the A21s...I guess I'll try to get on with without the feature and 32gb, but will probably return the phone to Amazon before the return window closes. 

ayItsCal
First Poster
Options

You can move apps, files, images, and videos from your internal storage to an SD card using the Samsung Smart Switch app. You can also use this app to transfer files to different devices.

0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

hi @Speedy82 

remember, not all apps can be moved to SD cards, example of these are Google, Facebook, etc... this is because the app itself does not let it to

to move an app:

Settings → Apps → tap the desired app → Storage → Move/Save to SD card

--------------------

for managing files, we can use Files by Google app so we can swing any files back and forth to SD card/internal storage

gratsz 😀

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
Speedy82
Journeyman
Options
I know how to move apps from internal storage to sd card.
The problem is it is not possible to transfer any app whatsoever on the A21 to SD card, not one single app as Samsung has made it that way, same as tab a7 10.4. all my other Samsung devices are capable of moving apps.