Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data issue after One UI 3.1 + Android 11 Update

(Topic created on: 27-03-2021 09:06 PM)
Vevaphon
Apprentice
Options

Hi there, my A71 had the recent 3.1 + 11 update go in and now has an issue where I can no longer use mobile data properly.

On WIFI everything works fine, but off WIFI I have no internet connection, Chrome can't load pages, other (non-Google) Apps open but can't load any information etc. The only thing that does still work is Facebook Messenger for some reason. My phone still shows I'm connected to my network (Three) 4G+ and plenty of signal etc.

Is there anything obvious I'm missing that would cause this or be a fix?

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28
Jaz04
Explorer
Options
Have you checked your APN settings? They might have reset somehow
0 Likes
Vevaphon
Apprentice
Options

As far as I can tell the APN settings are as expected with Three, the only difference being the APN Type line listing 'default,supl,mms,xcap,email' as opposed to reading 'internet + mms' which is what guides online show. However I can't actually edit this type line and if I try and add another APN with those settings the phone won't allow me to change to that one, I'm assuming because of the default clause in the existing APN.

0 Likes
JohnM2
First Poster
Options
I too have this problem on 3 after updating my phone today.
0 Likes
Jaz04
Explorer
Options
Is it due to the issue with the android system webview thing?
0 Likes
Vevaphon
Apprentice
Options

Not as far as I can tell, symptoms don't seem to match. On WIFI everything works just fine, off and apps will load but they don't crash, just state that there's no internet connection / won't load any content, state that you're offline etc.

0 Likes
Jaz04
Explorer
Options
Have you tried a force reboot?
0 Likes
Vevaphon
Apprentice
Options

Everything shy of a factory reset so far with no changes unfortunately.

0 Likes
Jaz04
Explorer
Options
So you've performed a force reboot and nothing helped?
0 Likes
Jaz04
Explorer
Options
This is what one of my mates told me to do with my old HTC device when it was playing up with my 3 sim card:

Before rebooting, turn on Airplane Mode.
Wait for 30 seconds, then turn Airplane Mode off.
If you still don't have data, turn airplane mode back on, turn your phone off, wait for a minute, turn your phone back on, turn airplane mode off,
wait for thirty seconds, then turn mobile data on.
Check if it works
0 Likes