Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile asking for strange password (not mine)

(Topic created on: 07-04-2022 12:35 PM)
Orion6117
Explorer
Options
My samsung a70 after an update is asking for a password with 4 characters and 1 letter and that's what it actually says once you inevitably put password you think it us till you realise it's been rejected but also the kind of password they are asking for four characters and 1 letter, does anyone know of this? Any help? Please. Chris
14 REPLIES 14
StephK1
Options

Hey @Orion6117! That is strange, is there any chance that you could please post a screenshot/photo of this? Please make sure to blank out any personal details if there is any on the page. 🙂

Orion6117
Explorer
Options
Hi here are the bizzare after update restart,definitely not a password I would make,as no numbers plus not long enough, thanks for looking to see,hope you can help,thank-you. 20220404_205527_23692_1649102129.jpg20220404_212639_001_23699_1649103999.jpg
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Orion6117: The notification states that the password contains 'at least' 4 characters, and 'at least' one letter. Have you tried entering your Google account password to see if you're able to unlock the phone in this manner? If it doesn't work, try heading to Find My Mobile via the link below, sign in using your Samsung account details, and check to see if you can remotely unlock the phone from here. 

https://findmymobile.samsung.com

0 Likes
Orion6117
Explorer
Options
I can read! Had it in a mobile shop they say only samsung can unlock it as its such a bizzare password none of my passwords are short enough or have numbers and capital,would be there for years,thx for the link
0 Likes
Orion6117
Explorer
Options
I've not lost my mobile! I have it here,thanks for trying
trentsuresh
First Poster
Options

https://findmymobile.samsung.com/#dialog - go there and login with your Samsung or google account and unlock it. But if you don't have internet than its an issue.

Orion6117
Explorer
Options
Thankyou for trying to help,its appreciated
Swtchd2apple
First Poster
Options

I hate to say this but there’s way too many reasons why I switched to Apple for the first time after having only Samsungs since smart phones existed. There is no tech support where I live. I have a licensed Apple service provider in my area. Most calls to customer service route you to chat. Devices aren’t user friendly. The operating systems cater to those who customize & upgrading your device most times means learning a whole new OS all over again. I’ve literally watched elderly only recently have to upgrade their old early generation Apple phones & not struggle to use their new phone because it’s pretty much the same thing time and again. That prompted me to jump into an iPhone back in September and I’m never going back. And then my experience with Samsung tech support who used to be awesome, failed me on my last flatscreen tv that was just past the 2 yr mark. I’m on this thread now as we’re trying to figure out why my moms phone started doing this tonight & I can’t get to her til morning. Next chance I get, I’m getting her an iPhone. This is the shortlist of reasons. Btw, the new Samsung phone I got her back in sept went black just 15 days after purchase. 1 day past the 14 day return period. We had to send her phone out for repair which luckily I had a spare for her to use. Once I got the repaired device back, I used the thing as a trade for my iPhone. I can’t make this stuff up!

0 Likes
Orion6117
Explorer
Options
It's away to Samsung for a, repair now, it's, a known problem for Samsung, thanks for your suggestions but all had already been tried
0 Likes