Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mirroring - A21

(Topic created on: 26-05-2022 02:17 PM)
micheljt
First Poster
Options

Can anyone please help with an  A21 issue ? Using my trusty S5 i am able to connect to tv  via an HDMI .  Yes its an old phone but it connects !  However i am unable to link in the same manner to the same tv using an A21. There is no wifi connection to the building,and no plans to install it, The purpose is solely to mirror  images from my gallery.  

incidently the S5  survived sitting on the sea bed for twelve hours, the only ill affect is that people tell me that i sound as if i am talking through water :smiling-face:

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
What about a Chromecast dongle? That works with any Android device and doesn't need a wireless network as it can act as an access point itself. I have used mine on holiday in hotels before to stream movies downloaded beforehand at home
0 Likes
micheljt
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the advice. I have purchased the item. Downloaded the App, filled in a mass of information,and came to a grinding halt on the final question which asked for .....my WIFI connection !    

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Use Guest Mode, unless you bought a Chromecast that's really old it should just work out of the box. All of them 2nd generation onwards will have the right firmware from the word go. https://www.itpro.co.uk/mobile/28299/how-to-use-chromecast-without-wi-fi
0 Likes
micheljt
First Poster
Options

Guest mode requires a wifi connection as it links to a 'HOST' router.  there is another option  here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY7G-PqVZgA    As it requires two phones  its simpler to use my other phone, which has built in mirroring .

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Well they changed it then because Chromecast used to work as an access point itself. That's why it didn't need to be on a wireless network from a router to work.
0 Likes