Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock screen media problem

(Topic created on: 02-04-2021 09:49 AM)
Paskapuhelin
First Poster
Options

Using apps to stream media to Chromecast (TV) from my newly purchased Samsung A51.

App controllers (play/pause) won't work on lock screen.

What to do?

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Paskapuhelin
First Poster
Options

I'm using discovery+, Yle Areena, mtv Suomi which have problems to work properly.

I'm also using Ruutu which works correctly.

I have checked application settings many times and tried to copy all the same settings from Ruutu to others. Copying settings won't help.

I don't know is there a problem when applications notification settings have differently named options. Ruutu has "casting" and others have "cast".

I've also tried to uninstall and install apps again.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Have you tried to reach these particular apps developers to see if these function will be added again on Android 11? Keep in mind that a lot of developers keep working on their apps to work as intended on the new software. 

0 Likes
Paskapuhelin
First Poster
Options

Yes. They had no solution for now.

0 Likes
Charlie306
Navigator
Options
if his problem is casting doesn't work when his phone is locked could he not just set his phone as a safe space and have AOD turned on or maybe give whichever app he's using permission to run on lockscreen🤷🏻‍♂️
0 Likes
Emma47
First Poster
Options

Hi!

I had the same issue. Did you try looking at your media settings?

When the phone is unlocked, scrolling down the bar and press "media" (for me it shows up above the media controller). Once there, press the three does to the right and go to "settings". U had an option to turn on/off the ability to control the media bar from the locked screen and mine seem to have been off by default. Hope this solves your issues if you still have them! 

0 Likes
Stevene
First Poster
Options

Good to see this problem is wide spread with many apps, and many models of newer Samsung devices with android 11/12 one ui 3/4 ... My old Samsung and other devices work fine. Theres issues with all the big name media apps, YouTube, Spotify, Netflix etc. So obviously its not their apps, and is something to do with Samsung changes, because this wasn't an issue till the Android 11/one ui 3.1 upgrade.

0 Likes