Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock screen media problem

(Topic created on: 02-04-2021 02:01 PM)
Paskapuhelin
First Poster
Options

Using apps to stream media to Chromecast (TV) from my newly purchased Samsung A51.

App controllers (play/pause) won't work on lock screen.

What to do?

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Charlie306
Navigator
Options
Have you got smart view in your drop down menu? If so just screen mirror whatever is playing on your phone screen to the TV, works better than Chromecast I think, then you have controll over it on the phone.
0 Likes
Paskapuhelin
First Poster
Options

Yes, I have Smart View in my phone's drop down menu. It can't screen mirror anything to TV.

Return back to original problem. Chromecast is the only way to cast to TV.

0 Likes
Charlie306
Navigator
Options
What TV have you got, I struggled to find the setup for screen mirroring
0 Likes
Paskapuhelin
First Poster
Options

Old Panasonic (not a smart TV) why Chromecast is essential to cast to TV.

0 Likes
Charlie306
Navigator
Options
If you have this function on your TV remote press it, there may be an option for wireless display, mine isnt a smart TV but I can connect to it using that, just an idea🤷 alternatively invest in a cheap smart TV to avoid the need for Chromecast.just trying to help.

20210402_121156_3754.jpg

0 Likes
Paskapuhelin
First Poster
Options

Panasonic tx-l42u3e

You are not giving solutions by advising to buy new tv.

I prefer return my phone and buy different than Samsung.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi all,

Chromecast is no longer supported by Smart View, due to some Google changes. However, you should be able to connect your phone to the TV using the Google Home app. 

0 Likes
Paskapuhelin
First Poster
Options

Well the problem is not that I could not connect media to Chromecast.

The problem is wroted down to topic. When phone is locked the Chromecast controllers are not working.

Media plays on TV. Phones screen is locked. One applications controls work (play/pause). Others applications won't work.

On Samsung J5 they worked. Why Samsung development goes wrong.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

My bad @Paskapuhelin Can I ask what app are you using to do this and if you have checked the settings to see if there is an option to enable the controllers on the lock screen? Is this happening with all the content and apps? 

0 Likes