Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest update.

(Topic created on: 15-05-2021 10:02 PM)
Nafe
Explorer
Options
A21s user here, I updated my phone to latest software version the other day, I don't like it at all. I'm getting a 6 min delay on messages sent from Faceache messenger, constant connection time outs to various sites that were fine before. Samsung music player keeps getting stuck, I can't skip a track unless I reboot the app, again it was ok before. I use my phone's internet to watch Netflix on a firestick which also is now having connectivity issues when it wasn't before. The UI looks like a bog standard Alcatel from Argos, it's ugly. I suppose I would have to factory to reset to get rid of it or can I rollback ?
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I feel for you Nafe. My S21 Ultra has been fine after the May update but you are not the only one experiencing a lot of problems after it according to what I have read on a few forums. I dread this happening to my phone after every major software update. I guess you have tried clearing the cache partition after the update?. The news does not get better I am afraid as due to changes in security policy you can't roll back to a previous software package and even if you perform a full factory reset you will emerge in the current software package not any older one. I have heard some people have problems after the last update as they don't use Samsung internet and have a VPN setup or don't use Google search engines or whatever but regardless I hope a quickly rolled out software update reaches you soon and returns your phones full usability to you. Good luck Nafe. 👍👍
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @Nafe 

A factory reset wouldn't roll back your phone's software but it might resolve your issues.

As mentioned by @Babishko clearing your system cache files first I the first step.

Clear your phone's System Cache Files by turning your phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's System Files and clear the cache. No information is lost this way. You may need to insert your headphones or hook upto a computer with your data cable to get to this menu on the phone. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ 

Another good self help troubleshooting tip is Safe Mode.

Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded app's but let's your stock app's keep working. If the issues stop then this highlights a downloaded app as the possible issue. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent downloaded app's one at a time until it stops. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

You can't roll back your software via the settings in your phone, but you can via other methods which are explained with tutorials in Sammobile and xdadevelopers.com.

Be careful if you go down this route.

Disclaimer 》
Using a Custom Rom / trying to use other methods to rollback firmware can bring about an unstable phone or it may not work properly if the process glitches or the wrong Rom is used. It may stop Samsung Pay from working if the procedure trips your Knox Counter.A person takes full responsibility if they perform this process and do so at their own informed decision. Again the process may trip Knox and may affect the Samsung Warranty. Samsung could levy a charge to put this right or deny support.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Nafe
Explorer
Options
I can't clear the partition cache because the button combo to do it doesn't work, it just powers back on. I give up 😑
0 Likes
Kenneth-071
Navigator
Options

I have an A71 but for some reason, I can't enter recovery mode via the button combo either, it just powers up like normal. I however eventually got into recovery mode via ADB.

Assuming you have the ADB (Android debug bridge) binaries and your USB drivers installed, as well as USB debugging enabled on your phone. You can reboot into recovery mode with this command:

adb reboot recovery

0 Likes
Nafe
Explorer
Options
I finally got the combo to work, I watched a vide for an s21 ultra, same thing but the only difference was it was plugged into a computer, as soon as I did that it worked straight away. My phone was noticeably better after clearing the cache. Netflix was fine no buffering so touch wood everything else will be ok. I can deal with the rest of the ***** in the update but connection problems drive me mad
0 Likes
dkeating
Journeyman
Options

Clear cache partition didn't work on my A50 and couldn't access the internet in safe mode

0 Likes