Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues With A51 Constantly Restarting After One UI 3/Android 11 Update

(Topic created on: 13-03-2021 12:22 PM)
emmanuelipinmoye
First Poster
Options

I finally updated to Android 11 yesterday, and everything was fine at first. Then I had to plug in my phone to charge and then when I tried using it afterward, the phone would constantly restart itself every 5 to 30 minutes. It seems to work more consistently when the battery is low, but once I charge it up again the issue resumes. I've tried almost every fix, but nothing works. 
Does anyone know what I can do? Is it possible to uninstall the update?

5 REPLIES 5
AmberLouise
Navigator
Options
Sorry no advice on the issue your having but unfortunately there's no way to uninstall the new update 😒
0 Likes
Alyn89
Navigator
Options
Go to Galaxy store, look for Galaxy labs, install, open, install from the all app booster. It will run for 10 minutes, but will fix some hardware issues.
Try to get the phone in boot mode and clear the cache.
If not, final would be, full reset from boot mode.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@emmanuelipinmoye: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Can you try restarting your A51 in Safe Mode, and monitoring the performance for a few hours, as this will disable all third party apps and help to determine if the problem is stemming from an external source. To proceed, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode > With Safe Mode enabled, ensure Airplane Mode is turned off. 

If you find that the phone doesn't randomly restart in Safe Mode, please restart the phone as you would normally and delete any recently installed third party apps. Sadly it isn't possible to pinpoint which app is responsible, therefore a process of elimination will be required. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
Philippines 1
Student
Options

My Samsung Galaxy A51 along with thousands of other Samsung phone are having shut down issues do to upgrade on OneUI launcher. Instead of fixing the problem they are choosing to ignore the problem. Two of my American friends bought brand new Samsung phones 2 months ago. Same problem. The phone will shut down during an operation.
So I just bought a A78 OPPO. Samsung has gone the way of Apple and puts profit ahead of quality and customer service. Sad!

0 Likes
Philippines 1
Student
Options

My Samsung Galaxy A51 along with thousands of other Samsung phone are having shut down issues do to upgrade on OneUI launcher. Instead of fixing the problem they are choosing to ignore the problem. Two of my American friends bought brand new Samsung phones 2 months ago. Same problem. The phone will shut down during an operation.
So I just bought a A78 OPPO. Samsung has gone the way of Apple and puts profit ahead of quality and customer service. Sad!

0 Likes