Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this Samsung A51 fake?

(Topic created on: 11-08-2020 01:10 PM)
Ruairi1331
First Poster
Options

I bought a Samsung A51 off a seller on amazon. Bought as new, but the seller didn't have many reviews. I received. I today and the box looks like it has already been opened and there is a letter along with it saying it is an 'international version' and that 'sometimes the box might not be sealed but rest assured, it is simply to get them unlocked'. Is there any way to check if the phone is legitimate? 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Boggoff
First Poster
Options
problems are it may well be a genuine A51 but as far as any warranty goes probably not got any. if it's a non European model, you could get an IMEI check done to see its original county of origin.
0 Likes
ryukariotu
Voyager
Options
Maybe it may not be legitimate as you got it off Amazon. I think that it would always be best to get it from an original company such as the Samsung website. If you notice any of these features wrong then there may be something strange going on:
•Phone restarting for no reason
•Battery drains quickly, even when you hardlu use it.

These may happen for the first few days since it's new. But if it continues after and you feel it is getting worse, contact the seller and ask for a refund.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Check it's serial number and if you can take it to a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre and they'll officially clarify it's status.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes