Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How to stop (remove) an app being shown in media output

(Topic created on: 21-05-2023 01:21 PM)
MrKaveh
Pioneer
Options

I have installed Samsung Music on my A53. When I open this app, its notification comes in media output panel automatically. But when I stop playing music and close the app, it is not removed from media output panel. Even when I force stop this app from settings/apps, still it exists in media output panel.

How can I stop (remove) an app like YT music or Samsung Music from media output panel?

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@MrKaveh: I have had a look into this for you, and it isn't possible to remove any apps that are listed in the 'Media Output' field of your Galaxy A53. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

View solution in context

Solution
hamidch
Student
Options

Unfortunately, there is no current method to completely remove apps like Samsung Music or YouTube Music from the media output panel on your Samsung A53. While you can swipe the app notification away from the panel temporarily, it will reappear when the app is opened again. This functionality is currently built into the system and can't be customized.

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi, Do you mean this?

Screenshot_20230521_152107_One UI Home.jpg

You can just swipe if off (once you are done playing music).

0 Likes
MrKaveh
Pioneer
Options

No...

When you swipe it off, then go to media output. In media output still it exists.

I asked how to remove it from media output?

photo_2023-05-21_17-05-45.jpg

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@MrKaveh: I have had a look into this for you, and it isn't possible to remove any apps that are listed in the 'Media Output' field of your Galaxy A53. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

MrKaveh
Pioneer
Options

But how come when I close the app, still the app exists in the "Media Output"?!

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I don't think you can turn it off. I haven't found a way and it has been like this for a long time ie it was like this with my S10 and now same in S23U.
MrKaveh
Pioneer
Options

But how come when I close the app, that app is still available in media output and "No media playing" does not appear there?!

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I don't know why it appears there but it does and has been like that for a long time. Possibly it creates a short cut making it easier to resume if you temporarily leave the music app.
It doesn't affect the phone in any way so don't get too hung up about it.
Solution
hamidch
Student
Options

Unfortunately, there is no current method to completely remove apps like Samsung Music or YouTube Music from the media output panel on your Samsung A53. While you can swipe the app notification away from the panel temporarily, it will reappear when the app is opened again. This functionality is currently built into the system and can't be customized.